Easier JetBlue Mosaic Status with $15K Spending
JetBlue has added a new and easier way to earn Mosaic status for next year. This limited time promotion is only available for JetBlue Plus cardholders. The personal no-fee and business cards are not eligible. While JetBlue status might not be as valuable as status from other airlines, it is still worth having if you fly JetBlue often. It can also be a way to get elite status with other carrier through status matching. Let’s see how you can earn JetBlue Mosaic with $15K spending, and what benefits you get.
Paths to Mosaic in 2021
To accommodate your evolving travel needs, JetBlue has made some changes to the options you have to earn Mosaic status. The New-York based airline has extended the reduced qualification thresholds for 2021, and added another way to qualify with your JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card.
- 7,500 Mosaic Qualifying points (vs. the usual 15,000 points)
- 6,000 Mosaic Qualifying points + 15 segments (vs. the usual 12,000 points and 30 segments)
- $50,000 spent on purchases with your JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card during the calendar year (as before)
- $30,000 spent on purchases with your JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card + 4,000 Mosaic Qualifying points during the calendar year (new and exclusively for 2021)
- $15,000 spent on purchases with your JetBlue Plus Card between 10/1-12/31/2021 (new and exclusively for 2021)
Mosaic with $15K Spend
New and exclusively between October 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021, the primary cardmember will be able to earn Mosaic Qualifying points through spending on their JetBlue Plus Mastercard.
When primary cardmember’s account spends $5,000 in net purchases during the promotional period they will earn 1,000 Mosaic Qualifying points. When primary cardmember’s account spends $10,000 in net purchases during the promotional period they will earn a 3,500 Mosaic Qualifying points. When primary cardmember’s account spends $15,000 in net purchases during the promotional period they will earn 3,500 Mosaic Qualifying Points as well as Mosaic status for 2022.
To receive the Mosaic Qualifying Points, your account must be open and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. Mosaic Qualifying Points and/or Status earned will appear in your TrueBlue Account statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Opt-in for this promotion is not required. The promotion is also available for both existing and new customers. That means that even if you don’t currently have the Barclays JetBlue Plus Card, you can apply now to participate. The card currently has a 70,000 points welcome bonus with $1,000 spend requirement. So once you are done with the $15K spending to earn Mosaic, you will have 85,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points.
That could turn to 100,000 points since you normally earn 15,000 bonus points upon qualifying for Mosaic. But I’m not sure if that bonus will be given when qualifying through this promotion.
Here are the benefits that Mosaic status gets you:
- An extra 3X points bonus on JetBlue flights. That’s up to 9 points per $1 on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app.
- Free same day flight changes on all fares for you and eligible companions traveling on the same itinerary.
- First 2 checked bags are free for you and eligible travel companions.
- Complimentary inflight alcoholic beverages.
- Same-day Even More Space at no extra charge upon request at the airport (pending availability).
- Even More Speed with dedicated priority security line at select airport.
- Early boarding
There’s a opportunity cost here for $15,000, so you have to decide how much JetBlue Mosaic is worth to you. If you can easily generate the spending, and you fly JetBlue often, I think it is worth it. Gets even better if you also apply for the JetBlue Plus card and get the signup bonus, although we saw a 100K offer recently. With JetBlue Mosaic status you can also match to elite status for other carriers through some of the frequent promotions that we have seen over the last year and a half.
I have the JetBlue Plus card already, but I’m already working on about four welcome bonuses. If I can squeeze the spending before the end of the year, I will go for it.
Let me know if you think it’s worth the trouble.