JetBlue Launches Cash + Points Redemption Option
JetBlue has announced a new redemption option for TrueBlue members. You can now use Cash + Points to book travel, which would be helpful if you do not have enough loyalty points to cover the full cost. The new option is only available when booking directly with JetBlue.
Many TrueBlue members have accumulated points, but fall short of the amount needed to travel. Customers now have added flexibility to book travel when convenient, and this update comes at a time when members have been less likely to earn loyalty points but are ready to travel again.
Customers no longer need to save up points for long periods of time before they are able to redeem them for flights. Now, customers can determine their preferred combination of cash and points, including for the Mint Experience, starting at just 500 points. Blue Basic fares cannot be booked with Cash + Points.
Cash + Points can be used for any JetBlue-operated flight, any time, with no blackout dates—and will be available on JetBlue Vacations packages soon. The cash portion of a Cash + Points flight will earn TrueBlue points. While the flights will not track towards Mosaic status, customers earn Mosaic qualifying points on the cash portion.
Using your TruBlue points this way seems to get you a value of 0.9¢ per points. You can usually do better then that when booking award fully with points, with a value between 1¢ and 1.4¢.
How It Works
- Start a flight search on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app.
- Select “Use TrueBlue points”
- To see Cash + Points options on desktop, select a specific flight and fare type
- To see Cash + Points on the app, select a specific flight and fare, then select “Continue”
- The search results will display the points required on the Cash + Points widget. Customers can choose nearly any combination of cash and points, starting at 500 points, by using the slider or by manually entering the amount