ITA’s Volare Frequent Flyer Program
Update: More details have been revealed about the program. Volare is a revenue-based program in which the accumulation of points is linked to overall expenditure rather than to the distance travelled, thereby ensuring that the customer gets a genuine return of value.
The methods of collecting points are clear and advantageous. Each purchase the customer makes accumulates points: from 10 to 23 points per euro spent, with multipliers based on the level of membership, the route, flight class, and the ticket purchased. Moreover, redeeming points has literally no limits. In fact, there are no ‘blackout’ dates or purchase limits for award tickets: any class, fare and route will be redeemable, on any date. The number of points required for award flights will vary according to the value of the ticket at that time; customers can therefore choose to use their points freely whenever they want to, based on how many points they want to spend. Finally, using the “cash & points” mode, the customer can pay for a ticket entirely using the points they have collected or, if these are not enough, making up the difference with cash.
Volare is a ‘made to measure’ program that consists of four exclusive Clubs, on an upward scale of increasing levels of premium benefits and dedicated priority services:
- Club Smart: lets the customer accumulate and redeem points with every purchase they make on ITA Airways flights and soon, also on the marketplaces of its partners.
- Club Plus: has an access threshold of 30,000 points, and an accrual multiplier of 10%. This gives extra baggage services, priority benefits on baggage tags, boarding, check-in, transfer desk, and Priority lost and found, as well as a dedicated customer service.
- Club Premium: has an access threshold of 60,000 points and an accrual multiplier of 20%. Its exclusive services include access to the Lounges, Free Fast Track, free assigned seat, extra baggage, and Priority benefits on baggage tags, boarding, check-in, transfer desk, and Priority lost and found, as well as a dedicated customer service.
- Club Executive: with an access threshold of 90,000 points and an accrual multiplier of 30%, it gives access to the Lounges, Free Fast track, free assigned seat, extra baggage, and Priority benefits on baggage tags, boarding, check- in, transfer desk, and Priority lost and found, as well as a dedicated customer service and a Kit that includes a physical card and a welcome gift.
With every purchase on ITA flights, customers can accumulate the points they need to upgrade to the higher Club level and take advantage of various benefits and premium services. Furthermore, beginning from Club Smart, as the access threshold increases, the advantage for the customer also increases in terms of multipliers and the services available.
Volare (“fly” in Italian) is the frequent flyer program of the newly launched ITA Airways. The new company replaced Alitalia as the flag carrier of Italy.
Volare has four status tiers; Smart, Plus, Premium and Executive. You can see the benefits of each tier below, but its not clear yet what requirements are needed to reach each level.
- accumulate points for each expense relating to goods and services offered by ITA;
- access to a wide network of commercial partnerships for the accreditation and use of points
- purchase of ancillary services through points.
- all benefits of Smart Level
- priority waiting list;
- free ancillary services;
- dedicated customer service;
- check-in business.
- all benefits of Plus Level
- lounge access ;
- 24/7 dedicated customer service;
- priority boarding;
- dedicated on-board welcome;
- all benefits of Premium Level
- golf equipment included;
- lounge access + guests;
- dedicated assistance 24/7;
- free food and drink;
- invitations to exclusive events;
- dedicated reception.
10K Signup Bonus
Register for ITA’s Volare frequent flyer program by November 15, 2021 and earn an exclusive welcome bonus of 10,000 Points. Points will be credited to your account by December 31, 2021 if you buy an ITA ticket starting from October 15 to fly by December 31, 2021.
Those members who participate in the loyalty programs of other airlines will have the opportunity to request a status match. You must provide proof of membership at the Premium level (i.e., a level not accessible with the sole enrollment in the program) in these other companies by sending an email to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The recognition of the status match will take place automatically once ITA has validated the obtained information. ITA Volare status will be valid for one year from its obtainment.
The status match campaign will start on October 15, 2021 and will end on November 30, 2021. The loyalty programs to which it is possible to request the status match are as follows:
- Aeroflot – Aeroflot Bonus
- Aerolíneas Argentinas – Aerolíneas Plus
- Air Europa – Suma
- Alitalia – Millemiglia
- Air France/KLM – Flying Blu
- American Airlines – Aadvantage
- ANA – Mileage club
- British Airways – Executive Club
- Czech Airlines – OK Plus
- Delta Airlines – SkyMiles
- Emirates – Skywards
- Iberia – Iberia Plus
- Korean Air – SKYPASS
- Lufthansa – Miles and More
- Middle East Airlines – Cedar Miles
- Qatar Airlines – Privilege Club
- Royal Jordanian – Royal Club
- Saudia – Alfursan
- Singapore Airlines – KrisFlyer
- Swiss Air – Miles & More
- TAP – Miles & Go
- Tarom – Sky Team
- Turkish Airways – Miles & Smile
- United Airlines – Mileage plus
The program itself still has many unknowns. But it’s worth signing up now if you plan to fly ITA soon. You should also do the status match if you have elite status with any of the airlines listed above. But you will only find out what Volare tier you get once the status match is completed.