IHG has published the new PointBreaks list for bookings and stays through October 31st, 2019. This has been one of the best deals around for award stays, but it has been getting worse lately. You only need as little as 5,000 IHG Rewards Points per night on every hotel on the PointBreaks list so if you find any properties of interest, this could be of great value. However, now there’s also 10K, 15K and Cash+Points options as well. This time around though, the 5K list has been trimmed down even more.
Each member is limited to two bookings per property during the promotional period, but the number of nights per reservation is not limited. Here’s some hotels that could be worthwhile, and let me know any others that you think could be a good value:
- Holiday Inn Express Krabi Ao Nang Beach (Thailand) – 5K
- Holiday Inn Express Suwon Ingye (Korea) – 5K
- InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas (Venezuela) – 10K
- Crowne Plaza Maruma Hotel & Casino (Venezuela) – 10K
- Crowne Plaza Borjomi (Georgia) – 10K
- InterContinental Almaty (Kazakhstan) – 10K
- Crowne Plaza Vilnius (Lithuania) – 10K
- Crowne Plaza Doha West Bay (Qatar) – 10K
- Crowne Plaza Jakarta (Indonesia) – 10K
- Crowne Plaza Venice East – Quarto d’Altino (Italy) – 15K
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Apartments (Saudi Arabia) – 15K
One great thing about IHG points is that you can usually get them for less that 0.5 cent each or even about half a cent, either by buying points during promotions, or by booking Points+Cash stays. That will make the cost per night only about $20-$25 for the 5K stays. That’s pretty cheap, but the 5K list has been getting shorter and shorter.
Book as quickly as possible as there’s a limited number of rooms available at the PointBreaks rate.