All-Inclusive Hyatt Ziva Barbados To Be Completed in 2022
A wholly owned Barbadian company has applied for planning permission to construct a Hyatt Ziva hotel in Carlisle Bay. This is a small natural harbor located in the southwest region of Barbados. The development fits into the Government’s overall vision for the area and specifically the redevelopment of the Pierhead area. The construction has received some local criticism and was delayed for a while, but now seems on track to become reality. A demolition of old buildings has already begun, to make way for the commercial center’s first major hotel.
Hyatt Ziva Barbados replaces the originally approved Hyatt Centric. Project budget will be approximately $175M. It will include buildings from 10 to 18 floors. There will be 380 hotel rooms and 40 condominiums. Completion is expected in early 2022.
The Hyatt Ziva Barbados will be an all-inclusive property. Barbadians will have access to the hotel. Creating partnerships with local suppliers will be essential. Sourcing locally produced goods, including produce of all types, spirits and arts and crafts will be important for the hotel. The Hyatt Ziva Barbados design has taken in to consideration the spirit of Bridgetown. The project will incorporate aspects of significant historical and architectural value.
The project will offer many benefits to the surrounding area and Barbados on the whole, including:
- 2,000 jobs during construction, and 1,500 full time jobs on completion
- Project budget will be approximately USD 175MM and there is anticipated to be an extended contribution of USD 70 MM to the island’s GDP per annum
- Infrastructure improvements to surrounding neighborhoods
- Improved beach access and amenities along Shurland Alley
- Contribution to upgrade Bridgetown sewage system