World of Hyatt Upcoming Award Chart Changes for 11 Properties
Last fall, World of Hyatt announced that it would suspend its 2021 Award Chart changes that typically occur each March, with only a few exceptions of four hotels shifting to a higher award category. But now, the company has announced that additional Hyatt hotels that will be shifting to different award categories in late-March.
Effective as of Thursday, March 25, 2021, at 8:00 am CDT, World of Hyatt members will see updates made to the number of points required for a free night at 11 hotels. Only one property will shift to a lower category, while 10 hotels will shift into a higher award category. The list below outlines all of the affected hotels and their new award category. No new categories have been added and the points required for each category remain the same, with affected hotels shifting by only one category up or down.
|Property||Current Award Category||
New Award Category
|Hyatt Place Houston Downtown||3||2|
|Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows||5||6|
|Park Hyatt Aviara||5||6|
|Mar Monte Hotel, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt||4||5|
|Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown-SoBro||4||5|
|Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico||3||4|
|Hyatt Regency Dharamshala Resort||2||3|
|Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport||2||3|
|Hyatt Place Delano||1||2|
|Hyatt Place Fair Lawn/Paramus||1||2|
|Hyatt Place Palm Bay/Melbourne||1||2|
- All free night award and Points + Cash redemptions booked before 8:00 am CDT on Thursday, March 25 will follow the current Award Chart regardless of stay dates, even if the hotel is shifting to a higher award category.
- Any free night award and Points + Cash redemptions booked on or after Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 am CDT will follow the new Award Chart.
- Members who have existing award bookings as of 8:00 am CDT on Thursday, March 25 for a night on or after Thursday, March 25 at Hyatt Place Houston Downtown, which is moving to a lower award category, will receive an automatic one-time refund on the point difference. Points will be refunded in members’ accounts starting Friday, March 26.
- Once changes go into effect on Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 am CDT, any adjustments made to existing reservations will follow the terms of the new Award Chart.
- No existing Hyatt properties are moving into Category 8 with this Award Chart update, reserving Category 8 for Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Destination residences.
The Award Chart landing page will be updated with the new hotel award categories at 8:00 am CT Thursday, March 25.