There’s again an offer for the American Express Platinum card that will give you 100,000 Membership Rewards after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months and the best part is that there’s no hoops to jump through. This is a public link so everyone should be able to see it and a great Thanksgiving gift for everyone (who qualifies).
The offer was around back in May also but there were plenty of issues later on, with Amex clawing back points for those that had purchases that are not supposed to earn rewards. So make sure you have the can meet the minimum spending requirement through regular spend.
The card comes with a hefty $450 annual fee which isn’t waived for the first year, but can be offset almost entirely. The MR points are credited right after you complete the spend requirement.
With such a hefty $450 annual fee, not waived, the question is always whether the card is worth it. The answer is a simple yes. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so you can receive the credit twice while paying one annual fee. The bonus is worth easily over $1,500 but you can also redeem for $600 statement credit, $700 on Amazon, or $1,000 on gift cards. Check other redemption options here, if you don’t plan to transfer points to travel partners. It also earns 5x on airfare now.
Keep in mind that you can only receive bonuses on Amex cards once per lifetime, so if you already received a bonus for this card, or even had the card without receiving a bonus, you’re not eligible. If you are eligible, then apply right away, since it might go away at any moment. Also make sure to take screenshots during the application, in case problems arise later on.
- Apply Here
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 airline fee credit: select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged to your Business Platinum card
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 800 airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge‡, Delta Sky Clubs and Airspace Lounges
- $450 annual fee (not waived)