All Hilton Reservation Can Be Changed Up to 24 Hours Before Arrival, Points Don’t Expire
Hilton has sent out emails to customers announcing a change to its booking policies due to the coronavirus pandamic. Many hotel chains are already offering some kind of leeway and you can see the full list here. Hilton is also pausing the expiration of all points and it will make updates to the requirements for earning tier status for 2021.
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds. Please click here for the latest information on our travel waivers.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020, for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, app or call center, please contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
Points and Status
We know that earning Hilton Honors Points and Status is an important way we show appreciation. We also know the current travel environment may limit your ability to stay with us.
- We will pause the expiration of all points scheduled to expire between now and May 31, 2020.
- We will make updates to the requirements for earning tier status for 2021. Since the situation is still evolving, it is too early to make and announce specific changes. We are committed to sharing details as soon as possible.
3 thoughts on “All Hilton Reservation Can Be Changed Up to 24 Hours Before Arrival, Points Don’t Expire”
Any word on expiring weekend free night certificates?
Nope. I sent an email asking for information but haven’t heard back.