Google Pay Offers
Check out these new offers that you can find in your Google Pay app:
Update (May 11, 2021) – There’s a new group offer that can save you $10 at Burger King. This one is a little complicated though. You need to invite two friends and once they accepts, the offer goes live. Each person needs to spend $10 or more at Burger King within 7 days of the offer going live. If everyone makes a payment on time, the 3 of you split $10, earning up to $5 cashback each.
- Poshmark: $10 cashback with any purchase of $30 or more. Expires 07/01/2021.
- Charles Tyrwhitt: 5% cashback with any purchase of $20 or more, in-store or online. Expires 07/02/2021.
- There are also new offers for many restaurants, which are probably targeted based on location.
Update (May 6, 2021) – More offers have been added:
- Lyft: 30% back on rides. Maximum $10 cash back. Expires 5/18/2021. YMMV (HT: DoC)
Update (Apr. 19, 2021) – More offers have been added:
- Lyft: 10% back on rides. Maximum $10 cash back. Expires 5/18/2021.
- Etsy: 20% back. Maximum $40 cash back. Expires 4/30/2021.
- GAP: 12% back. Expires 4/19/2021.
- Jos. A. Bank: 12% back. Expires 4/19/2021.
- Men’s Warehouse: 12% back. Expires 4/30/2021.
- Melissa and Doug: 12% back. Expires 4/30/2021.
- and more
Update (Mar. 31, 2021) – More offers have been added:
- Lululemon: Earn $20 cashback when you spend $100+ online. Expires 5/1/2021.
Update (Mar, 17. 2021) – More offers have been added:
- REI: 20% cashback, up to $50. Expires 4/15/2021.
- Burger King: 20% cashback, up to $10. Expires 4/30/2021.
- Panera: 15% cashback, up to $10. Expires 4/30/2021.
Update (Dec 21. 2021) – Signup bonus has been lowered to $5. Referral bonus is lowered to $10.
Google launched a new update for the Google Pay app or G-Pay. This update added new capabilities. The app now has several new tabs such as “Pay,” which includes peer-to-peer payments as well as your transaction history using tap-to-pay; “Explore,” which will be a place where Google will offer deals and discounts; and “Insights,” which will allow you to connect your bank accounts to get a searchable overview of your finances. Google Pay Offers seem to be an interesting addition and should be now available for everyone. There are already some noteworthy deals, such as the Target offer that I wrote about yesterday. It gets even better if you sign up now since you can get a $21 bonus.
Google Pay Offers
Google Pay Offers are a great addition to the app already. These offers are similar to Amex Offers, as you need to add them to enrolled cards, and then use that card to make purchases at eligible merchants. You don’t need to actually use Google Pay for your purchases.
Google Pay uses the Rakuten Network for its offers, so it should stack with other card-linked offers that don’t use the same network. You can get cash back from Google Pay and Amex Offers for example, if they both have the same merchants in the list.
To find the offer, open the Google Pay app, and at the bottom of the Home page, tap on the offers icon on the left lower corner.
List of Google Play Offers
- Target: $21 cashback when you spend $50. Expires 12/31/2020. (Doesn’t work with RedCard)
- REI: 20% cashback, up to $50. Expires 1/15/2021.
- Burger King: 20% cashback, up to $10. Expires 1/15/2021.
- Crocs: 20% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Gap: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Banana Republic: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Athleta: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Adidas: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Asics: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- H&M: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Moosejaw: 6% cashback, online only. Expires 12/31/2022
- bareMinerals: 5% cashback, online only. Expires 8/31//2021.
- SkinStore: 5% cashback, online only. Expires 11/18//2021.
- and more
Get a $21 bonus when you sign up by January 31, 2021 and make a transaction of $10 or more. You need to sign up through a referral link to get this bonus. Qualifying payments include:
- Sending money to a friend that you haven’t paid before OR
- Make contactless payment in-store (NFC-enabled Android devices only)
You can also refer other people and get $21 for every referral when they make a transaction of $10 or more. Looks like there is a limit of 3 referrals.
Google Pay Balance
The money you earn from these bonuses and cashback earned from purchases, goes into your Google Pay Balance. You can see this balance by clicking the ‘Insights’ tab (dollar sign in lower right corner). You can keep up to $25,000 in your Google Pay balance.
You can transfer money from your Google Pay balance to your linked bank account or debit card for free, or use the balance to send and make purchases on Play Movies & TV. Transfers to a debit card typically complete within minutes but may take up to 24 hours for some banks. Transfers to a bank account are usually done within 5 business days.
So here’s an example of how this would work, if you are in 2-player mode. You sign up through a referral link first. Invite your significant other. Then you send $10 to each other, and you get $21 each from the signup bonus. You will also get another $21 for the referral bonus. That should make you a quick $63. Then go for the Target offer, where you can make another $21 each. Purchasing $50 Target gift cards should work.