Purchase IHG Points, Get 100% Bonus (0.5¢ Per Point)
Update: This offer is available once again. But this time not everyone is targeted for the 100% bonus. Worth a check if you need more points toward a good redemption.
IHG Rewards Club has a new promotion with a bonus on purchased points. You can get a 100% bonus, which means that you can buy IHG points for half a cent each.
We see this offer for discounted IHG points every few months. You can buy or gift up to 150,000 points, and then get up to 150,000 bonus points. You must make a minimum of 5,000 points purchase per transaction.
- Offer available for purchases made by 11:59 PM ET October 21, 2022 inclusive.
- This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Bonus points will be awarded upon completion of the transaction.
- Please allow 72 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient’s account.
- Purchased points, as well as any bonus points awarded under this Offer, do not count towards IHG One Rewards Elite status.
IHG points are valued at about 0.4 cents at best on average. Through this offer you’re purchasing them for 0.5 cents a piece. Even though you’re getting these points for half the normal price, you shouldn’t buy them speculatively. That’s even more relevant now that we do not know yet for sure when we might travel. Discounted IHG points are not that rare, so no need to rush.
These points are sold by Points.com and not directly from IHG, so just use a credit card that earns at least 2% on everyday spending. You can also try going through a portal to save a bit more.