Convert Alaska Airlines Wallet Credit into Miles at 1¢ Cost
Update: This is available again through November 13, 2020.
Alaska Airlines is offering a new incentive to its Mileage Plan members who have wallet balances. Members will be able to convert their wallet credit into miles for future travel – a $100 wallet credit converts into 10,000 miles.
“With award travel starting at 5,000 miles one-way on Alaska and the ability to book award trips to more than 800 destinations with our 16 Global Partners – as well as the addition of the oneworld ® alliance in 2021 – this is a great way to start planning for future trips,” said Sangita Woerner, senior vice president of marketing and guest experience at Alaska, “Our Mileage Plan miles do not expire as long as members remain active, so when guests feel it is safe to return to travel, we will be there to welcome them on their long-awaited vacations.”
Qualifying members, who will receive an email notification from Alaska, can exchange their credits in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of their current wallet balance. This offer is valid through 11:59 pm PT on October 12. Everyone will at least $50 in their Alaska Wallet will be eligible, so check your accounts and convert points now.
- Offer valid through October 12, 2020 11:59 pm (PT)
- Bonus miles are redeemable for award travel, but do not count toward elite status qualification.
- All wallet exchanges for miles are final, and wallet credit once redeemed is not refundable.
- If wallet balance at the time of debit is below what is needed to cover the exchange, the exchange will be canceled.
- Exchanging wallet credit for Mileage Plan miles pursuant to this offer does qualify as account activity, so your Mileage Plan account will remain active for at least 2 years after the effective date of the exchange.
- This offer is not intended to apply to new purchases of gift certificates occurring during the offer period. If you acquire a gift certificate during the offer period, or receive a gift certificate acquired during the offer period, and exchange that gift certificate for Miles in violation of this condition of the offer, we will reverse the transaction, remove the Miles from your account, and re-issue the amount exchanged as wallet credit.
Sweet deal for Alaska Airlines customers. Being able to buy miles at 1¢ can get you much more value, such as redeeming for business class to Asia for example. Email should go out to everyone with at least $50 or more in the Alaska Airlines Wallet, but you can check accounts now even before you get the email.
HT: Agile Travel