CitiBusiness ThankYou Card, 30K Signup Bonus and 3% Rotating Categories
Citi has a business credit card called the CitiBusiness ThankYou Card that has been around for a while but rarely gets mentioned. One of the reasons is that it is only available in branch, and the bonus varies between 20K and 40K. But it is possible to get matched to the higher bonus even if the bonus in your area is only 20K.
Update: The CitiBusiness ThankYou card will be discontinued next week, likely on November 18. Currently there’s a bonus of 30,000 ThankYou points in branch. Get it now if interested. (HT: manageroftheyear)
- Earn 30,000 bonus ThankYou points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Card Page (apply in branch)
- 3X ThankYou Points on rotating categories for business purchases:
- Q1 – Advertising Services, Office Supply Merchants, Professional Services
- Q2 – Computer Equipment and software merchants, Telecommunications merchants
- Q3 – Airlines, Hotels, and Car Rental Merchants
- Q4 – Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1X THankYou Points on all other purchases.
- Anniversary TYP bonus each membership year
- No Annual Fee
You’re automatically enrolled in the 3x categories. The card doesn’t have an annual fee either and there’s an anniversary TYP bonus, but I’m not sure what that is.
Many readers are probably restricted by the 24 month rule on Thank You cards, so this could be a good option to add more points to your ThankYou Points balance, if you have a branch nearby. This card is considered a different family from personal ThankYou cards. It is also a business credit card which means that it will not be reported on your personal credit report.
One hassle with the CitiBusiness ThankYou Card is that it is available in branch only, so you need to have a Citi branch nearby to apply. Then, the offer varies between 20K and 40K. But with some effort it looks like everyone should be able to get the better offer.