Citi Savings, Earn $20 to $2,000 Bonus with $10K to $1M Deposit
Citi has an offer for savings customers. You can get a bonus of $20 to $2,000 but you need to deposit large amounts in a new savings account. Additionally, the offer is limited to NY, CT, MD, VA, DC, CA, NV, NJ, or select markets in FL or IL. The bonus has been lowered compared to previous offers which could get you up to $3,000 and then $2,700 more recently.
For a limited time, new or existing Citibank customers can earn $20 – $2,000 when opening a new eligible Citi Savings Account and completing required activities. Here’s the breakdown:
|Minimum Deposit and Minimum Balance||Bonus|
|$10,000 – 24,999||$20|
|$25,000 – $49,999||$50|
|$50,000 – $99,999||$100|
|$100,000 – $249,999||$200|
|$250,000 – $499,999||$500|
|$500,000 – $999,999||$1,000|
How it works:
- Enroll and open a new Citi Savings Account by 9/30/2021.
- Fund Your Account Within 20 days of opening your eligible Citi Savings Account, deposit $10,000 or more in New-to-Citibank Funds.
- Maintain a Balance Keep a Minimum Balance of $10,000 or more in the eligible Citi Savings Account for 60 consecutive calendar days.
- Get Rewarded Earn your corresponding cash bonus after you complete the required activities.
Citi Accelerate Savings Accounts do not qualify for this offer.
- You are eligible for the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer if you are at least 18 years old and a new or existing Citibank customer.
- Only customers who open in a branch or use a residential address in NY, CT, NJ, DC, VA, MD or select markets in IL and FL when they apply for their new Citi Savings Account can qualify.
A monthly service fee of $25 and a $2.50 non-Citibank ATM fee apply to the checking account in the Citibank Account Package if a combined average monthly balance of $10,000 or more is not maintained.
Not the best bonus we have seen since it requires a large balance that you need to keep in a Citi savings account for at least 60 days, and maybe more. These accounts have an APY close to nothing. So you would end up earning about 1.2% APY with each tier. Not very exciting.