Citi Premier Card 80K Bonus
Citi is offering a best ever welcome bonus of 80,000 ThankYou points for Citi Premier credit card. This offer is publicly available online once again, so anyone can apply as long as they are eligible for a welcome bonus. Let’s check the details of this Citi Premier card 80K bonus.
Update: Today is probably last day to apply. Affiliate links already show the lower 60K bonus, but the 80K offer is still available on the website.
- For a limited time, get a welcome bonus of 80,000 ThankYou points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
- Annual Fee: $95 (not waived)
- APPLY NOW (click tab for Citi Premier)
- Earn 3X ThankYou points on:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Hotels and Airfare
- Earn 1X ThankYou point on all other purchases
- There is no limit to the amount of points you can earn and your points don’t expire with this card.
- Redeem points for travel rewards or gift cards at thankyou.com at 1¢ each
- Enjoy $100 off a single hotel stay of $500 or more annually
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+®, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier® or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these accounts, in the past 24 months.
There was also a rumored 3/6 rule for Citi applications. But over the last year or so you probably need to be at 1/6 or even no cards in the last six months.
Citi Premier Card 80K Bonus: Guru’s Wrap-up
This is the best ever offer we have seen for the Citi Premier Card. That’s easily $800 in value (you can redeem for cash or statement credit) or even more if you transfer points to travel partners. The card itself is useful even after receiving the welcome bonus. You can earn 3X in popular categories such as Grocery stores, Gas stations and Restaurants.
If you have applied recently for the lesser 60,000 ThankYou points offer, then there’s still some hope. You can reach out to Citi and ask if they can match you to the new and improved offer. There’s no guarantee, but hopefully they will give you the extra 20,000 points. You can also try emailing them here CitiApplicationOfferIssues@citi.com.