Citi Expedia Voyager Card, New 70K Bonus with $2K Spending
Citi Expedia Voyager card has an increased bonus of 70,000 Expedia Rewards points for Black Friday. The value of these points usually around $500, but could be worth $1,000 on some properties booked on Expedia.
Earn 70,000 Expedia Rewards bonus points after $2,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening. Offer ends December 2, 2019.
$95 annual fee, not waived.
- 4x points for every $1 you spend on eligible Expedia purchases, including flights, hotels, activities, and travel packages
- 2x points for every $1 spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment
- 1x point for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Expedia Rewards Gold status each year of cardmembership
- $100 Annual Air Travel Fee Credit that can be used toward airline incidentals, in-flight purchases, or for either the Global Entry or the TSA Pre✓® application fees.
- 5,000 Anniversary Bonus Points
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
The value of Expedia Rewards varies. For most people, 140 points are equal to $1 toward a booking. That means that each Expedia Rewards point has a value of 0.714¢.
But if you have Gold or Silver status, you can get twice the value for your points when you book a VIP Access hotel. That would give you a value of 1.43¢ for each Expedia Rewards point. This card gets you Expedia Rewards Gold status. That means that the bonus could be worth about $1,000.
That status also gives you a 30% bonus on points earned from stays. Base rate is 2 points per dollar.
Applying for the Card
Expedia Rewards bonus points offer is not available if you have had an Expedia® Rewards or Expedia® Rewards Voyager account opened or closed in the past 24 months.
This will probably not be a go to card for most frequent travelers. But this is the highest bonus they have offered and it is a good option for those who book with Expedia or OTAs often. You can always get a value of $500 from this bonus and up to $1,000 if you book VIP Access hotels. You have to pay the $95 annual fee.
The bonus was recently 50K, so if you already applied, send a secure message and asked to be matched to this new bonus. Citi will usually match it if you have applied within the last 90 days.
Anyone thinking of applying? Let me know!