Earn 100K Miles with Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Table of Contents
Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard now has a limited time offer that can earn you 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles. This offer was previously announced and it is now live along with increased annual fees, and added benefits. Check out the details of the offer below, plus our review of the Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard earning rates and benefits.
|✅ Admirals Club® Membership.||❌ $595 annual fee.|
|✅ Up to $360 in annual credits.||❌ $175 annual fee for first 3 authorized users.|
|✅ Best ever signup bonus of 100,000 miles.||❌ Points are not transferrable.|
- For a limited time, earn 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $10,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Expires September, 6, 2023
- LEARN MORE
Before we go any further into this Citi AAdvantage Executive Card review, you should know that there are some eligibility requirements for the bonus. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive account in the past 48 months. The card offer is only available to individuals who reside in the United States and its territories, excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Annual fee: $595
- Annual fee for Authorized Users: $175 for up to 3 Authorized Users and $175 for each Authorized User thereafter.
This card comes with a hefty annual fee of $595, and you now also have to pay for additional users which were previously free. But you also get some valuable benefits that could still be worth it. Let’s take a look.
Earn Miles and Loyalty Points
- Earn miles:
- 10X AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible hotels booked through aa.com/hotels and eligible car rentals booked through aa.com/cars.
- 4X AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases. Upon reaching $150,000 in spend in a calendar year, earn 1 base mile and 4 bonus miles, for a total of 5X AAdvantage miles, for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases for the remainder of that calendar year.
- 1X AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases.
- Earn Loyalty Points:
- 1X Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible AAdvantage mile earned from purchases.
- 10,000 Loyalty Points bonus after reaching 50,000 Loyalty Points in a status qualification year. Another 10,000 Loyalty Points bonus after reaching 90,000 Loyalty Points in the same status qualification year.
Admirals Club® Membership
Get complimentary access to nearly 100 Admirals Club® and partner lounges worldwide. Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests may join you. Authorized users also enjoy Admirals Club Membership.
This is up to a $850 value, assuming you would pay for an Admirals Club Membership out of pocket.
- Up to $120 in Lyft credits: After taking 3 eligible rides in a calendar month, you will earn a $10 Lyft credit, for a total of up to $120 Lyft credits annually.
- Up to $120 back on eligible Grubhub purchases: Earn a statement credit of up to $10 per monthly billing statement on eligible Grubhub purchases, for a total of up to $120 every 12 billing statements.
- Up to $120 back on eligible Avis or Budget car rentals: Earn a $1 statement credit per $1 spent on eligible Avis or Budget car rental purchases, up to $120 every calendar year.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit: Receive a statement credit, up to $100 every 4 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck ®.
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection
- Trip Delay Protection
- Lost Baggage Protection
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance Coverage
- Enhanced Airport Experience offering priority boarding, priority check-in and priority screening on American Airlines flights for the primary cardmember and up to eight companions on the same reservation
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation.
- 25% savings on eligible American Airlines in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- A dedicated concierge
- And Mastercard Priceless Experiences at Priceless.com/aa.
The Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is a premium product that now comes with a higher annual fee, and also an added fee for authorized users. This card has long been a favorite for those looking for Admirals Club Membership which now costs $850. While you have to pay more in order to get that access, there a huge welcome bonus and added benefits that take out the sting a little.
You can now earn 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles, but you need to spend $10,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. So make sure you have the means to complete that spending before applying. As for benefits, there are $360 in annual credits, but Citi has not made it very easy to use them. There’s also the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, but you probably have that already for free through other cards.
Overall, this is a good card even with the fee increases. However, it only makes sense to pay the annual fee if you value the Admirals Club Membership, and if you will maximize the $360 in annual credits.
Hopefully this Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard review has helped you make a decision if this is the right card for you. Let me know in the comments what you think!