Cash App Review: How it Works, Boost Offers and Signup Bonus
The Cash App was created by Square, Inc, and is a peer-to-peer payment service that is available in the United States and the UK. Businesses and individuals can receive and send payments using their debit or credit card on the app. It also comes with a Debit Card that has Boost Offers that can save you money at several merchants that change continuously. Right now there is also a better referral bonus than usual. Check out all the details of the offer below, and then read my Cash App review.
Update: New Sam’s Club Boost Offer for 10% off each online purchase. Valid once every 24 hours. Max savings of $20. Offer ends February 1, 2022. Gift card purchase triggers the discount.
Referral & Signup Bonus
First time users can download the app and enter referral code MMZGVNB to get a $5 bonus when you send $5. You can download the app for free for iOS and Android phones using the link below:
Boost offers can be lucrative if you keep an eye on them and use them continuously. You just load the offers to your free debit card and then use it for purchases to automatically get the discounts. Once loaded, you can often reuse these Cash App Boost Offers every day or so, or even every hour for subway rides in NYC for example. You can even start using them before you get the physical card, since you get the debit card number and other info right away in the app.
Here’s some other offers that you should see in the app right now:
- 50% off each purchase at Twitch
- 50% off one purchase at Badoo
- 20% off one purchase at GoPuff
- 15% off one purchase at Shake Shack
- 15% off each purchase at Xbox
- 13% off each purchase at MELT SHOP
- 10% off each online purchase at Sam’s Club
- 10% off one online purchase at Petco
- 6% off each order at Little Caesars
- 5% off each order at Dell.com
- 5% off each order at Burger King
- 5% off each purchase at Albertson
- 5% off each purchase at Vudu
- 5% off one purchase at Taco Bell
- 5% off one purchase at Domino’s
- 5% off one order at GOAT
- 5% off one purchase at PlayStation
- 5% off each purchase at Flight Club
- 5% back in Bitcoin on one Restaurant purchase
How to Load Offers
If you already have a Cash Card, follow these steps to start saving today:
- Tap the Card icon at the bottom of the app
- Press Boost (or Swap)
- Tap on a Boost Offer
- Select Add Boost
- Start saving by using your card
- No monthly fees and no fees to send or receive money
- Free ATM withdrawals if you set up direct deposit, otherwise $2 fee. The maximum amount that can be withdrawn at an ATM or store register cash-back transaction is $1,000 per transaction, $1,000 per day, and $1,000 per week.
- Investing options
- Buy and sell Bitcoin
- Send money for free when you use your account balance or a linked bank account. Credit card funding comes with a 3% fee
This is a useful app for peer-to-peer payments, similar to Venmo. But it also comes with a signup bonus and the Boost Offers for the debit card. Just make sure to load them first and then just use the card at eligible merchants.
If you don’t have an account, you can download the app and enter referral code MMZGVNB to get a $5 bonus.
One thought on “Cash App Review: How it Works, Boost Offers (10% Off at Sam’s Club) and $30 Referral Bonus”
It is insured according to what Cash app says:
“If you have a Cash Card, the money in your Cash App account balance is covered by the FDIC through our partner banks (FDIC “pass-through” insurance) in the event of bank failure. The FDIC will cover eligible accounts up to $250,000 per Cash App customer. Bitcoin and investing balances are not covered by FDIC insurance.”