New Capital One Lounge at Washington Dulles International Airport
Capital One Lounge revealed today that it will open to customers at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) on Thursday.
Designed with the IAD traveler in mind, the new Capital One Lounge will offer a locally-sourced food and beverage program. That will include grab-and-go options as well as a suite of premium amenities, including semi-private workspaces, a made-to-order coffee and pastry bar, and more.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card and Venture X Business cardholders enjoy complimentary access for themselves and two guests every time they visit a Capital One Lounge, including the new location at IAD. Venture and Spark Miles customers enjoy special access.
Lounge Location, Design & Amenities
The new 8,500 square-foot Capital One Lounge is located just beyond the airport’s TSA PreCheck, between the East and West Security Checkpoints. The historic Washington Dulles International Airport terminal, designed by world-renowned architect Eero Saarinen, served as inspiration for the mid-century modern approach to designing and furnishing the space.
Located in Capital One’s hometown, the Capital One Lounge at IAD is another testament to Capital One’s continued commitment to the National Capital Region and building incredible experiences for both residents and travelers alike.
As with all Capital One Lounges, the new Capital One Lounge at IAD features unique, locally-inspired, premium amenities that provide visitors with a best-in-class travel experience from the moment they step through the door. It’s thoughtfully designed to accommodate all types of travelers, from those looking for a quick drink or bite before they board their flights to those who are looking for a place to relax and recharge before their travel journey.
The Lounge showcases historic architectural images of the airport’s original control tower and terminal and also features beautiful teak wood architectural elements and mid-century modern furniture.
Additional amenities at the Capital One Lounge at IAD include:
- A parent’s room featuring comfortable seating for caregivers who are feeding or nursing their children, as well as a changing table stocked with wipes, disposable diapers, and a bottle warmer
- A filtered water system so travelers can refill their reusable water bottles
- Secure lockers with plenty of room for carry-on luggage and personal items
- A flight status display to keep travelers on schedule
- Two semi-private, open-air rooms featuring ample quiet working space
- Individual power outlets at every seat, along with complimentary high-speed WiFi
- Kid-sized tables and chairs for families
- Four private, fully-stocked restrooms
After debuting its first airport lounge in fall 2021 at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Capital One has seen exceptionally high satisfaction scores from customers and is excited to bring the unique Capital One Lounge experience to even more customers.
Food and Beverage Options
Capital One has prioritized not only grab-and-go food options, but also a full-service coffee and pastry bar with to-go options available, knowing many will be stopping in for a short visit en route to the transportation to their gates.
For those travelers enjoying the Lounge for a longer period of time before their departing flight, the Lounge offers ample workspaces and a top-notch, full-service food and beverage experience featuring curated craft beer — like a Pre-Flight Helles Lager — and cocktails – like the Cherry Blossom Margarita — and health-conscious menu options served as small plates to ensure travelers can refuel before their flights.
Here are the options you will find at the new Lounge:
- An authentically local food + beverage program, that delivers a premium food and beverage experience where travelers can sit down and enjoy a restaurant-quality meal or easily grab food and beverages on the way to their gate. Our in-lounge offerings provide travelers with delicious, health-conscious menu options that are locally sourced and served plated as small bites, allowing travelers to customize their selections. For travelers stopping by for a quick visit, our thoughtfully-designed, industry-leading grab-and-go food section features healthy selections like jarred salads, granola bowls, and fresh juices – all packaged sustainably. Visitors enjoying the Lounge for a longer stay can enjoy a custom brew from Lost Rhino Brewing Co, an Ashburn-based company; local favorite Bresca’s fan-favorite Bee’s Knees cocktail via partnership with Will Patton, beverage director at Jônt and Bresca; and craft chocolate from River-Sea Chocolates, a Chantilly-based chocolatier.
- A full-service coffee bar, unique to the Capital One Lounge at IAD, serving La Colombe cold brew on tap and drip coffee from Blanchard’s Coffee Roasting Company, a Virginia-based coffee roaster with a commitment to sustainability.
- A thoughtfully designed Lounge inspired by the historical terminal at IAD, which is heavily influenced by mid-century revolutionaries Eero Saarinen, the airport’s architect, and Harry Bertoia, a renowned artist. The new Lounge showcases historic architectural images of the airport’s original control tower and terminal and also features beautiful teak wood architectural elements and mid-century modern furniture.
- A celebration of the region’s contemporary artists, including Josh Young, Kristen Gaudio Ensley, Michael Crosset,Judy Southerland, and more. Additionally, Central Virginia Studio, Acorn Pottery & Farm, will create custom mugs and pottery for use throughout the beverage program.
Who Can Access The Lounge?
Venture X, Venture X Business, Venture, and Spark Miles customers enjoy special access to Capital One Lounges:
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card and their authorized users or account managers enjoy unlimited complimentary access to Capital One Lounges, plus complimentary entry for two guests per visit — and special pricing of $45 per visit for additional guests.
- Venture X Business primary cardholders enjoy unlimited complimentary access to Capital One Lounges, plus complimentary entry for two guests per visit — and special pricing of $45 per visit for additional guests.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Spark Miles for Business cardholders receive two complimentary visits to Capital One Lounges — or Plaza Premium Lounges — annually. These complimentary visits may be used for themselves, their authorized users or account managers, or guests who are traveling with them. Additional visits can be purchased for a discounted rate of $45.
- All others — both cardholders and non-cardholders — can enter the Lounge for $65 per visit.
- Kids under two, accompanied by eligible cardholders, are welcome for free.
The Capital One Lounge welcomes visitors who have a boarding pass for a departing or connecting same-day flight, up to 3 hours before their departure time.
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.