Transfer Hotel Points to British Airways Avios with 35% Bonus
British Airways has a promotion with a 35% bonus on transferred hotel points. Won’t make sense for most hotel programs, but could be useful to transfer from Marriott Bonvoy.
Convert your hotel loyalty points into Avios between 28 October 2019 – 2 December 2019 and collect 35% bonus Avios. Participating loyalty programmes include:
- Marriott Bonvoy™
- IHG® Rewards Club
- Radisson Rewards®
- Shangri-La’s Golden Circle
- Best Western Rewards
- Participating hotel partners are Radisson Hotel Group, Best Western, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Marriott and Melia Hotels.
- To become a member of any of the hotel loyalty programmes visit convert your points and simply choose the relevant hotel partner, follow the links to enrol via their website.
- Eligible Participants will receive up to 35% more BAEC Avios (“Bonus Avios”) when they convert Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points into Avios during the Qualifying Period. “Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points” means a minimum of requirement of loyalty points earned through the Hotel Loyalty Programme. Minimum amounts vary between hotel partners: Radisson Rewards – 2,000; Best Western – 5000; Shangri-La’s Golden Circle – 2,500; IHG® Rewards Club – 10,000; Marriott Bonvoy™ – 9,000 and MeliaRewards – 100.
- The standard earn rate for loyalty points earned through the hotel loyalty programmes varies according to the hotel partner. For example, the Marriott Bonvoy programme starts at 9000 Marriot Bonvoy Points converting to 3000 Avios. For full details on the earn rates per hotel partner please visit ba.com.
- “Qualifying Period” means: Between 28 October – 2 December 2019 for Radisson Rewards, Best Western Reward Points, Shangri-La’s Golden Circle, IHG® Rewards Club, Marriott Bonvoy™ and MeliaRewards.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion. Once they have been credited, you can start redeeming them for flights, hotels and Avis car hire. Taxes, fees and charges remain payable by the BAEC Member. Reward flights are subject to availability and capacity control and availability may be limited at peak times.
- Once a transaction has completed, it is non-reversible.
- Standard Avios are issued in addition to Bonus Avios.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or participating hotel partner offer or promotion.
This promotion is only worth it for those who have Marriott Bonvoy points. You can get 5,000 bonus Avios when you transfer 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to Avios in one transaction, plus you get the 35% bonus on top of that. So 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points would get you a total of 33,750 Avios.