British Airways and Indigo Codeshare Agreement
UK flag carrier British Airways and India’s leading airline IndiGo announce today a codeshare agreement that will boost connections between the two countries.
Through this partnership, which sees British Airways add its code onto a range of destinations across IndiGo’s network, customers can enjoy improved connectivity between Southeast Asia and Europe for travel from 12 October 2023.
In total, eight destinations are now available as codeshare options when travelling from London Heathrow via New Delhi or Mumbai. This includes three new destinations that haven’t been accessible to British Airways customers until now:
- London Heathrow to Amritsar via New Delhi
- London Heathrow to Kochi via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Ahmedabad via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Goa via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Thiruvananthapuram via Mumbai (NEW)
- London Heathrow to Kolkata via Mumbai
- London Heathrow to Rajkot (Hirasar) via Mumbai (NEW)
- London Heathrow to Vadodara via Mumbai (NEW)
IndiGo operates an extensive domestic and regional network with a fleet of A320 aircraft. All British Airways customers travelling onwards with IndiGo will be able to enjoy a complimentary meal and the UK carrier’s generous baggage allowance in economy via codeshare for flights to India. That’s two checked bags up to 50 lbs per person.