Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard, 80K Bonus with $3K Spend
If Best Western properties are one of your go to hotels, then the Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard could be a good option to get free stays. The card offers 30 points per dollar on Best Western stays for a limited time, and two points for everywhere else. Right now you can earn a welcome bonus of 80,000 bonus points, and after that, earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend at least $5,000 every year. The card also gets you discounts and elite status.
- Earn up to 7 FREE NIGHTS in Bonus Points:
- 80,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 billing cycles after the account is opened.
- 40,000 points when you spend $5,000 every 12 billing cycles.
- For a limited time, earn 30X points on Best Western purchases
- $89 Annual Fee (not waived)
- Application Link
- Earn 20X points on Best Western Purchases (30x between 2/26/2021 and 4/30/2021)
- 10X points as a Best Western Rewards® member and, 10X points per dollar spent on Best Western purchases (20X between 2/26/2021 and 4/30/2021 only.)
- Earn 2X points on all other purchases
- Automatic Platinum Elite Status
- No Blackout Dates
- Exclusive Reservation Line
- Early Check-In and Late Check-Out
- 10% off room rates when you select the Best Western Rewards Rate at bwrcarddiscount.com.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Points don’t expire as long as you use your card
Best Western Program
The Best Western Rewards loyalty program includes a total of 4,700 properties around the world. Those hotels fall under 18 different brands:
- Best Western
- Best Western Plus
- Best Western Premier
- Glo by Best Western
- Vib by Best Western
- BW Premier Collection
- BW Signature Collection
- Sadie Best Western
- Executive Residency by Best Western
- Aiden by Best Western
- WorldHotels Luxury
- WorldHotels Elite
- WorldHotels Distinctive
- WorldHotels Crafted
- SureStay Plus
- SureStay Signature Collection
- SureStay Studio
Best Western doesn’t publish an award chart, but free night stays range from 5,000 to 70,000 points. Best Western points usually have a value of about 0.6 cents each. You can earn points with hotel stays, credit card spend and partner offers. If you have status you earn more points for your stays. Best Western cut Elite Status eligibility qualifications in half this year, and extended it through 2022. You can also transfer points from Diners Club Rewards at a rate of 1 to 2.64.
When it comes to redeeming points, the best value is probably abroad. You can find some great properties at low rates especially in Scandinavia and other smaller cities. Best Western also partners with 16 airlines as transfer partners, including Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, American Airlines AAdvantage, British Airways Executive Club and Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards. Points can also be used for gift cards, car rentals, Best Western Travel Cards and more.
We have seen this 80,000 points bonus in the past, so this is another opportunity to get the card if you stay at Best Western properties often. The card is issued by First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha.
Most of their hotels wouldn’t fall under the luxurious category, but they can be a good option for the thrifty traveler who stays away from the super popular tourist destinations. Before applying, make sure you take a better look at the program and find properties that interest you. If you can’t use the points, then it doesn’t really matter how much they are valued.
Let me know in the comments if you have the card, or what are some of your most valuable Best Western redemptions in the past.