Virgin Atlantic Card 80K Bonus
The Virgin Atlantic Mastercard from Bank of America has a new bonus that can get you 80,000 miles. It’s really a 60,000 miles bonus at first and 5,000 more for adding authorized users. Then you get 15,000 more on your card anniversary. We have seen higher offers in the past but this Virgin Atlantic Card 80K bonus has a lower spending requirement.
Update: This offer is available again through March 24, 2022.
Apply now and you could see your Flying Club miles balance soar up to 80,000 miles. Here’s the breakdown of the offer:
- 60,000 Flying Club bonus miles after $2,000 in qualifying purchases within 3 months
- Up to 5,000 bonus miles for adding two additional cardholders (2,500 for each one)
- Up to 15,000 anniversary bonus miles after qualifying purchases
- 7,500 if you spend $15,000 within the previous year
- Additional 7,500 if you spend $25,000 within the previous year
The first 60K will be the easiest part as you just need to make $2,000 in purchases within three months. If you can add two authorized users then you get an additional 5,000 miles. Then you have a whole year if you want to go for the anniversary bonus, but it requires a lot of spending. But if you do spend $25,000, you also get a Premium upgrade or a companion ticket.
- Earn 3 Flying Club miles per dollar on purchases of Virgin Atlantic Airways tickets and duty free items purchased directly from Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Earn 1.5 Flying Club miles per dollar on all other purchases
- Earn one tier point per $2,500 in purchases (maximum of 2 per month)
- Earn a Premium upgrade or a companion ticket after after $25,000 in purchases in the previous year
- No foreign transaction fees
Applying for the Card
Direct link to Application Page
At Bank of America credit card you’re allowed two new cards in the last 2 months, three in 12 months, and four cards every 24 months. They also added a new 24-month restriction recently, but not for this credit card.
A pretty good bonus for this card that is easier to get, at least for the 60,000 miles, compared to previous offers. But Virgin Atlantic miles are not the most valuable. They could still be useful to some that have a specific redemption in mind, such as ANA First Class to Tokyo or Delta One to Europe. If you need more Virgin Atlantic miles you can also transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou Points.