Bed Bath & Beyond Bankruptcy
On April 23, Bed Bath & Beyond declared bankruptcy under Chapter 11, citing a decrease in sales that had forced the company to close down despite multiple rounds of store closures in recent months.
The company filed the bankruptcy claim in the U.S. District Court in New Jersey and has disclosed plans to wind down operations in an organized manner, including eventually closing all of its stores, while also looking for a purchaser for some or all of its businesses. At present, Bed Bath & Beyond’s 360 stores and Buy Buy Baby sites, as well as its websites, will remain operational to cater to customers.
However, if you intend to redeem coupons or gift cards, or if you want to grab some excellent bargains, you should keep track of some essential dates. Bed Bath & Beyond has published end dates and other important information about customer programs and policies during its chapter 11 process.
- Store closing sales will start on Wednesday, April 26, 2023. This should be a good time to shop for your favorite products while merchandise selection is best. You can also shop online during this time.
- You can return items purchased prior to April 26, 2023, until May 24, 2023. All purchases during store closing sales will be final.
- Customers can redeem Welcome Rewards until May 15, 2023. You no longer earn Welcome Rewards on purchases.
- Customers can use gift cards through May 8, 2023.
- Bed Bath & Beyond will stop accepting the popular 20% off coupons on April 26, 2023.
- Can I still use my Welcome Rewards+ store credit card?
- If you have a membership, you will not get a refund. You can just continue to enjoy your membership benefits before store closing sales begin on April 26, 2023.
- If you have a registry, the company says it will partner with an alternative platform where you will be able to transfer your data and complete your registry. They will provide details in the coming days.
Find full details here.