Amtrak has a promotion that can earn you bonus points when you book hotel stays or car rentals trough Amtrak. You get an extra 3,000 points per booking on top of what you already earn from their booking site.
In addition to the normal base points earned with hotel and car bookings through Amtrak Hotels & Cars, eligible hotel bookings will receive:
- 1,000 bonus points with a spend of $150 – $299 USD or
- 2,000 bonus points with a spend of $300-$449 USD or
- 3,000 bonus points with a spend of $450 USD or more
Eligible car bookings will receive:
- 500 bonus points with a spend of $150 – $299 USD, or
- 1,500 bonus points with a spend of $300-$449 USD or
- 3,000 bonus points with a spend of $450 USD or more.
- To be eligible for this special bonus offer, Amtrak Guest Rewards® members must make a booking with Amtrak Hotels & Cars between June 26, 2019 at 9AM ET and July 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET (the “Promotional Period”).
- Offer valid only for members making their first booking on each hotel and car rental through Amtrak Hotels & Cars.
- Limit one hotel bonus and one car bonus per member.
- Limit one bonus per stay.
- Booking must be made in a single transaction.
- Bonus points will be credited within 2 weeks after completion of your reservation.
A good promotion for those who use Amtrak often. You can earn lots of points with bookings, plus this bonus of 3,000 points. Amtrak points are a pretty valuable currency, so the rates from their shopping portal are very competitive. You can usually get a value of 2.5 cents each and even close to 3 cents per Amtrak point.