Amex Platinum Entertainment Credit Expanded?
The Amex Platinum card has a monthly entertainment credit of up to $20. This credit currently applies to eligible purchases or subscriptions with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
But starting today this credit will be expanding to include more popular options such as:
- The Disney Bundle
The added options should be rolled out for all Amex Platinum cardholders on April 6, 2022. They should be viewable in the benefits terms.
How It Works
- To enroll in the benefit, select “Enroll Now” here.
- For new subscribers, use your Platinum Card® to subscribe to one or more participating partners online directly. If you are an existing subscriber who is billed directly by a participating partner, you can begin to enjoy your benefit.
- If you already have a subscription and are billed through a third party (like Apple®) you can still receive the credit but you will need to subscribe directly with a participating partner at the then current subscription price. Please see terms and conditions for important information.
Good to Know
- To receive the statement credit, you must purchase the subscription through a participating partner’s website. If you purchase a subscription through a mobile app, the purchase will not be eligible for the statement credit.
- Purchases of prepaid or gift cards from third-party retailers for use at these participating partners are not eligible for this benefit.
- Purchases made by both the Basic and any Additional Card Members are eligible. However, statement credits for eligible purchases can’t exceed $20 on the Card Account per month, for a total of $240 per calendar year.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for statement credit(s) to post to your account. Please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 8 weeks from the date of purchase.
This would be a huge improvement to this Entertainment Credit that can get you up to $240 in value annually. The Disney Bundle includes subscriptions to Disney+, ESPN+, and the Hulu plan you select for a discounted price, as compared to the retail price of each subscription when purchased separately. The Disney Bundle is available with Hulu (with ads) for $13.99/mo or with Hulu (no ads) for $19.99/mo. And that, would be completely free if you pay with your Amex Platinum card, once this change goes into effect.
If you don’t have the Amex Platinum card, there’s currently a huge offer available through referrals. You can earn a 150,000 points bonus and 10X on dining. Learn more here.
3 thoughts on “Amex Platinum Entertainment Credit Expanded with Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+”
Pingback: Disney+ Amex Offer: Spend $7.99, Get $7.99 Back (Up to 6x)
Sounds too good to be true. That means that Amex would have to actually make this credit useful….
It’s in the benefits page