We’ve already seen the new cards and signup bonuses with the introduction of the Marriott Bonvoy brand name replacing Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG). Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business and Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant cards have a 100K bonuses, and the the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card has a 75K signup bonus.
But there’s also another card, the Amex Marriott Bonvoy. It replaced the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. Starting February 24th, 2019, those who have the card can take advantage of a new promotion that can earn you up to 100K points. It sound better than it is, because it’s basically an extra 1X Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spend.
- Starting on February 24, 2019, eligible existing Marriott Bonvoy
American Express® Card Members can register to earn 25,000 points for every $25,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to four times for a maximum of 100,000 bonus points, based on the total amount of purchases starting from when the Card Member registers through the end of the year.
- Register here
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Earn 2 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar on other eligible purchases
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite Status
- Earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Coming in 2019: Each calendar year you can receive credit for 15 nights towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
Nothing huge, just one extra point per dollar spent. If you’re going for Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with $35K spend, then might as well take advantage of this upcoming promotion as well.