The new Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card was made available last week with a 100,000 Bonvoy points signup bonus. Now the same off is also available through referrals, which makes the bonus better for many people. The card has a $95 fee for now, but it will go up to $125 on 3/28.
Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.
$125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95).
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4X Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers & on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2X Marriott Bonvoy points on all other eligible purchases.
- 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card.
- Spend $35,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and earn an upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status through the end of the next calendar year.
- Each calendar year you can receive credit for 15 nights towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limit one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Bonvoy member.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who:
- have or have had the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Business from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, or the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM from Chase, or the Marriott Rewards Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 30 days
- have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or
- received a new cardmember bonus in the last 24 months on the Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Plus from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase.
The 100K points bonus is public, but is better now that is also available through referrals. Depending on which cards you have, you can self refer, or use a friend’s referral, and get up to an extra 15K or 20K Membership Rewards points. You should expect a 1099 next year for Amex referral bonuses.
If you’re just looking at the bonus, then this card is better that the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card that has a huge fee. The 100K bonus will only get you one free night at their best properties, but could get you a couple of nights at a mid range Marriott hotel. Make sure to read the bonus eligibility rules as they might rule out many people. If you’re not sure what cards you’ve had in the past, here’s a simple way to check.