Amex Hilton Surpass Card, Two Free Nights Welcome Bonus
The Amex Hilton Surpass card has a different welcome offer available, with free nights instead of points. You can earn two free nights when you apply and are approved for the card. This offer is showing up when connected to wi-fi at Hilton properties. Let’s see how it works and how it compares to points bonuses.
- Earn Two Free Weekend Night Rewards after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- $95 Annual Fee (not waived)
- 12X Hilton Honors Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- 6X for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- 3X on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status with your Hilton Honors Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year when you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees
- LEARN MORE
Previously the best offers we had seen for the Amex Hilton Surpass card was 150K points and a $100 credit, 130K and a Free Night, and a targeted offer for 175K points. The current public bonus is for 180K points, but it does require a large amount of spend compared to the usual offers.
With this latest offer that is available through Wi-Fi at Hilton hotels, you can get two Free Weekend Night certificates. It can be useful if you plan to maximize those free nights at some of the top properties. It gets even better if you plan to spend $15,000 on the card to earn a third Free Weekend Night certificate and get a vacation out of it.
To figure out the value that you can get out of this bonus, you need to figure out where you will use the free nights. The minimum amount of Hilton points for a standard room is 5,000 points. But it goes up to 120,000 points for high-end properties. Hilton doesn’t offer an award chart, so award stays will vary in price based on hotel, room, booking and stay date.
Your free night reward can be redeemed for one standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio. However, all-inclusives, Hilton Grand Vacation and some other top properties are excluded. You can see the full list here.
Let me know what you think of this bonus!
HT: Doctor of Credit