Amex Hilton Surpass Card, Targeted 175K Points Bonus
American Express is targeting some customers with a new best ever offer for the Amex Hilton Surpass card. You can earn 175,000 Hilton points if you apply and are approved for a new account. The card comes with a $95 fee that is not waived. This card was shortly called Amex Hilton Ascend until mid 2019, and Surpass again before that.
- Earn 175,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- $95 Annual Fee (not waived)
The offer was sent out by mail.
- 12X Hilton Honors Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- 6X for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- 3X on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status with your Hilton Honors Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year when you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees
- LEARN MORE
Previously the best offer we had seen for the Amex Hilton Surpass card was 150K points and a $100 credit. This new offer is in line with that, and maybe even a bit better for most people. It is also 50K points better than the current public offer. The best option is probably a referral that gives you 150K points (YMMV) and 25K for the referrer.
To get the 175K Hilton points you need to spend $4,000 within three months. One downside is that travel is still up in the air in many states in the US and other countries. So you might not be able to start using your points and some of the regular benefits right away. But you can get some limited time perks right now.
HT: Doctor of Credit