Amex Green Card, Targeted 60K Welcome Bonus
American Express is targeting some current customer with a big signup bonus for the personal Green Card. The offer was sent out earlier today by email, and if targeted, you can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points when you apply and are approved for the card. This matches the highest ever offer. Check out the details of this Amex Green Card 60K bonus below, plus the other options that could be even better.
These are some of the offers that are showing up:
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first six months.
- Annual Fee: $150
- Offer valid through 1/10/2022
This is the link to apply. But you need to enter the 14 digits RSVP code from your offer and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- 3X Membership Rewards points at:
- restaurants worldwide
- takeout and delivery in the US.
- transit including trains, buses, ferries, subway, and more.
- travel including airfare, hotels, cruises, tours, car rentals, and more.
- 1X on all other purchases
- 3X Membership Rewards points at:
- Up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year towards purchase of CLEAR membership, which unlocks frictionless experiences at 60+ locations nationwide, including airports, arenas, stadiums and Hertz rental car locations
- Up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year towards purchases with LoungeBuddy to relax at airport lounges around the world.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Use the Pay Over Time feature to carry a balance with interest
- Use Plan It to select large purchases and split them into monthly payments with a fixed fee
- Trip Delay Insurance up to $300 per trip, maximum 2 claims per eligible account per 12 consecutive month period.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Baggage Insurance Plan
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
Applying for the Card
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. If you’re not sure whether you’ve had this card in the past, you can use this trick to find out. Sometimes cards that you’ve had more than 5-7 years ago, will no longer show up in your Amex history. They may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility. Amex has a tool that will let you know whether you qualify for the bonus during the application process. If you’re an existing American Express customer they will only do a soft pull for new card applications.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. There’s also a maximum of 5 or 6 total American Express credit cards that you can have at a given time. However, the Amex Green Card is a charge card, so you can combine the application with another Amex card.
American Express has been getting much tougher on those trying to game the system for bonuses. Doing everything by the book would be the best way to go for these bonuses.
Earning 60,000 points with the Amex Green Card is a great opportunity. And this is actually a card that you can keep in your wallet and use for ongoing spend. Cardmembers can earn 3X on dining and travel, plus frequent fliers can get up to $200 in credits for CLEAR membership and LoungeBuddy.
However, you can still do better through referral bonuses even with the current 45,000 points bonus. If a friend or family member can get a referral bonus of 30K or 45K, then the total bonus is much better. There’s also this bonus from Resy for 50K points and up to $150 at restaurants.