The new card is now live.
American Express recently upgraded the personal Gold card. It now has better earning rates and a 50K welcome offer to go along with an annual fee increase. Now American Express will do the same thing with the business version of the card as per DoC. The new Amex Business Gold Card could be relaunched as soon as tomorrow.
Amex Business Gold Card
The card has been mainly useful for the signup bonus. But with the expected changes, it should be a great product for ongoing spending as well. Here’s what’s rumored to change:
- 4X points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
- $295 Annual Fee (not waived)
The revamped American Express Business Gold Card could be launched as soon as tomorrow, November 8th. We don’t know what kind of bonus will be offered for the new card, but I doubt we’ll see anything better than the 75K bonus currently available. If you want the card, then you could apply today with that bonus and you’ll be upgraded to the new version once it’s released. Otherwise you can just wait and hope for something better.