Alaska Will Expand and Remodel Popular Lounges in Seattle and Portland
Alaska Airlines has announced a multi-million dollar renovation and expansion for two of its most popular lounges, with further plans for all-new locations at both Seattle and Portland airports in the coming years. The revitalization of two current Lounges is scheduled to get underway this spring. It will eventually lead to completely new spaces in 2025-26.
Alaska operates eight Lounges at six airports: Anchorage; Los Angeles; New York JFK; Portland; San Francisco; and Seattle (three locations). The Alaska Lounge Membership Program offers two options for guests to choose from: Alaska Lounge members get access to all Alaska Lounge locations, and Alaska Lounge+ members get access to all Alaska Lounges and more than 90 partner lounges around the world.
Here’s what’s ahead this year alone at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and Portland International Airport:
- Investing nearly $7 million for Lounge upgrades in Seattle for 2022-23.
- The first phase of work involves the C Concourse Lounge and it’s scheduled to begin in late spring or early summer. Alaska is adding nearly 60 seats as the overall space grows by an additional 3,000 square feet as we convert neighboring offices. The Lounge will remain open during construction with little impact to guests.
- The second phase of renovations targets the Lounge in D Concourse – the first lounge location opened more than 40 years ago and its first renovation in nearly 20 years. After the expanded space in C Concourse Lounge opens, Alaska is planning a six-month closure and total overhaul of the D Concourse Lounge. There will be expanded seating by nearly 30%, adding new product features and giving the area better flow. This location will also receive a new bistro bar located near the lounge entrance, making it easier for guests to grab a hand-crafted espresso drink when they’re in a hurry. It’s set to reopen in early summer 2023.
- As part of the Port of Seattle’s C Concourse Expansion Project, the opening of an all-new, more than 20,000-square-foot Alaska Lounge is on the radar for 2026. It would eventually become the primary Lounge for our guests departing from C and D Concourses.
- An investment of nearly $1.5 million for Lounge upgrades in Portland for 2022.
- The Lounge will be expanded by 1,000 square feet with an enclosed patio area that extends into Concourse C. With new seating for 30 people, the total seating capacity will go to 100. Work begins in the spring and it’s scheduled to be completed this summer.
- During the renovation, the current Lounge will remain open to guests.
- There will be a new temporary ‘express lounge’ at the newly-renovated Concourse B for guests traveling through that section of the airport. The mini-lounge is scheduled to open in the summer with seating for up to 35 people near Gate B2, offering guests a selection of beverages and light snacks before their flights.
- The all-new Lounge is currently scheduled to open in the 2025-26 timeframe. It’s expected to be more than 10,000 square feet – giving our guests a lot more elbow room.