Alaska Airlines Refreshes Lounges with More Spaces and New Amenities
Since 2018, Alaska Airlines has doubled its lounges and invested $30 million in overall improvements, including its Flagship Lounge at the N Concourse in Seattle, the new Lounge in San Francisco and a new patio space at Concourse C Lounge in Portland.
Now the company is focusing on remodeling and renovations. Here’s what’s happening across the Lounges:
- Just in time for the holidays, the expanded C Concourse Lounge at Alaska’s hometown airport in Seattle opens next week. With an additional 3,000 square feet, the seating space is doubled with enough room for 60 more seats. Great views of the tarmac remain unchanged.
- When the busy holiday season wraps up, the second phase of renovations in Seattle begins on Jan. 7, 2023, after the D Concourse Lounge closes for a complete overhaul. It’s set to reopen in summer 2023. The location will have 30% more seating, a new barista station, new food and beverage offerings, and an improved layout.
- Lounges in Los Angeles and San Francisco will be updated with modern furniture and other touches. At LAX there’s new artwork by local artists.
- $1.5 million investment for Lounge upgrades in Portland this year. Along with expansion of the current Lounge by 1,000 square feet with the addition of an enclosed patio area, there’s also a new Express Lounge at Concourse B to give guests more options.
- Guests can enjoy a wide variety of complimentary West Coast craft beers and sip featured West Coast wines. At select locations, Alaska is expanding our hot food options that are served throughout the day.
These lounges provide complimentary drinks and snacks such as West Coast wines, local brews, custom cocktails, hand-crafted espresso beverages, and fresh, seasonal food and snacks.
The Alaska Lounge Membership Program offers two options for guests to choose from: Alaska Lounge members access all our Lounge locations, and Alaska Lounge+ members access all Lounges and more than 90 partner lounges around the world. Alaska operates nine Lounges at six airports: Anchorage; Los Angeles; New York JFK; Portland (two locations); San Francisco; and Seattle (three locations).
Alaska MVP® Gold, Gold 75K, and Gold 100K members get access when they travel on a oneworld® member airline to a destination outside of the US, Canada, or Mexico. Entry is allowed for two guests or immediate family members when traveling together anytime they fly on Alaska or another carrier.