Alaska Airlines Card, New 70K Miles Bonus and $95 Annual Fee
Update: There’s a better bonus available with an extra $100 credit.
Bank of America recently announced changes for the Alaska Airline Visa Signature card. The fee increased to $95 and some benefits changed. Now there’s also a new bonus of 70,000 bonus miles. Check out all the details below.
- Get 70,000 Bonus Miles plus Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) after you make $3,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.
- Annual Fee: $95
- DIRECT LINK
- 3x miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
- 2x miles for every $1 spent on eligible gas, cable, streaming services and local transit purchases.
- 1x mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Earn a 10% rewards bonus on all miles earned from card purchases if you have an eligible Bank of America account.
- Free checked bag for cardholder who purchases airfare with their card, and up to 6 additional guests on same reservation.
- Priority boarding when you pay for your flight with your card.
- Enjoy 20% back on Alaska Airlines inflight purchases when you pay with your new card.
- Get $100 off an annual Alaska Lounge+ Membership purchased with your Alaska card.
- Get Alaska's Famous Companion Fare from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) each account anniversary after you spend $6,000 or more in prior anniversary year
Bank of America Application Rules
- There's no hard limit on the number of Bank of America credit cards that you can have at one time. But as most other banks, there's a total credit limit that the bank is willing to extend to you based on your stated income, credit score and other factors. If you hit that limit, then you might need to move credit around to get approved for new credit cards.
- Bank of America has a 2/3/4 rule. That means that there's a limit of two cards in the last two months, three cards in the last 12 months, and four cards in the last 24 months. It's possible that business cards don't fall under this rule.
- It’s possible that they merge multiple applications in the same day into just one hard pull.
This is a good bonus for the Alaska Airlines Card but we have seen even better in the past. The card now has some new 2x categories and extra benefits. But the free checked bag benefits now applies only to tickets paid with the Alaska Airlines credit card. SOme of these changes will go into effect for current cardholders in March.