Airbnb Now Offers Online Experiences
Airbnb launched Experiences in 2017 and then adventures last year. But now, that people around the world are barely traveling, there is a new option. It’s called Online Experiences and it is a new way for people to connect, travel virtually and earn income during the COVID-19 crisis.
Airbnb Experiences offers an array of options like meditation with Buddhist monks, virtual visits with the dogs of Chernobyl, cooking with a Moroccan family, and more. With so many people sheltering in place, Online Experiences provides:
- New activities for families to explore like learning the secrets of magic
- Options for work colleagues who want to reconnect and bond with team activities like making coffee with a professional coffee taster
- Features for groups looking to celebrate birthdays or get togethers privately and the option to request specific dates for Experiences like bartending with experts
Airbnb has partnered with local organizations around the world to curate Experiences for their communities to be able to learn a new skill while protecting their health. Airbnb will work alongside the following to offer Experiences free of charge:
- SAGE, the world’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBT older people
- National Council on Aging (NCOA), a respected national leader and trusted partner in the US helping people aged 60+ meet the challenges of aging
- Associazione Nazionale Alpini – Sezione di Milan, veterans of the most respected and trustworthy military corp in Italy
- Amigos de los Mayores, an organization combating unwanted loneliness and social isolation amongst the elderly in Spain
Over 50 virtual Airbnb Experiences are already available at airbnb.com/online-experiences, with thousands more coming online in the coming months. If you don’t have an Airbnb account, you can sign up here to get a $55 bonus. Online Experiences will be hosted on Zoom, and Airbnb is providing Hosts access to Zoom free of charge along with personalized support services for curating, capturing and sharing their Online Experience.