Bank of America Air France KLM Card, 50K Miles Bonus Plus $150 Credit
Air France-KLM and Bank of America launched the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard in 2018. It is the first and only Air France-KLM co-branded credit card available in North America. The Bank of America Air France KLM card allows customers to earn Miles and XP (Experience Points), the reward currency for Air France-KLM’s Flying Blue Loyalty Program. Now the card has the highest ever bonus available, with 50,000 miles and a $150 credit.
Update: New working link for this offer. (HT: DoC)
Limited-Time Offer! $150 Statement Credit plus 50,000 Bonus Miles after $2,000 or more in qualifying purchases with the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®.
$89 annual fee not waived.
- Earn 3X Miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines.
- Earn 1.5X Miles for every $1 spent on all other qualifying purchases.
- 60 XP (Experience Points) upon account opening (limited to one time per Flying Blue member)
- Receive a benefit of 5,000 anniversary Miles after spending at least $50 on purchases within the card anniversary year.
- Plus, receive 20 XP every year on the account anniversary and the opportunity to earn an additional 40 XP after spending at least $15k on purchases within the card anniversary year (totaling up to 60 XP).
Applying for the Card
Bank of America has a 2/3/4 rule. You are limited to two cards in the last two months, three cards in the last 12 months, and four cards in the last 24 months.
It’s possible that they merge multiple applications in the same day into just one hard pull.
Air France miles are valuable for some people and offer several redemption options. I would value them at about 1.2 cent each. So the signup bonus of 50,000 miles would worth about $600 if you want to put a cash value to it. The card has a $89 annual fee which is not waived the first year. That knocks down that signup bonus to about $660.
Bank of America Air France KLM card could be a better fit for those who really want to earn more Air France miles and especially Experience Points to go after Flying Blue Status. You get 60 XP when you sign up plus 20 XP every year on the account anniversary. You will earn 40XP if you spend $15K for the year.