Air Canada Opens Maple Leaf Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Air Canada has opened a brand-new Maple Leaf Lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). This is the airline’s 28th lounge worldwide, and its third Maple Leaf Lounge in the U.S.
The new lounge is located in Terminal 2 and features Air Canada’s first outdoor lounge terrace, together with a range of premium amenities, food and beverages.
In addition to the range of services and amenities, the newest Lounge features an expansive outdoor terrace with aircraft and runway views. The 165-seat, 8168 square ft. airport retreat elevates Air Canada’s flight and airport experience for customers travelling from California to Canada or through to Europe, Asia and Australia via three of the airline’s main hubs.
The new Maple Leaf Lounge at SFO will pay homage to its California location both through its design and decor, and the food and beverage selections presented, which highlight local makers and flavors. Unique seafood offerings, including the iconic San Francisco fish stew cioppino, will be on offer alongside a selection of California wines, and beer from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company and Anchor Brewing.
Premium Food and Beverage Offerings
- Self-serve (hot and cold) buffet, showcasing local flavors
- Bar with bartender serving a selection of wines (including from Canada and California), in addition to local craft beers, a curated cocktail menu, and espresso
Amenities and Space
- The Lounge, designed with San Francisco-based architectural firm Gensler, is the first of its kind with an outdoor terrace, featuring two vapor fireplaces produced by Canadian company CF + D
- 165 seats (135 interior + 30 exterior)
- E-Gates and biometric identification for seamless, hands-free lounge entry
- Showers with heated towel racks
- VIP room for up to 10 people
- Collection of multidisciplinary art that reflects and pays homage to California and Canada
- Artists featured include Canadian painter Shawn Evans, and a custom mural from California artist Amos Goldbaum
Air Canada’s Global Lounge Offering
Air Canada offers lounges in 19 airports worldwide including at New York’s LaGuardia and Newark airports and at Los Angeles and San Francisco airports in California. Eligible customers travelling in International Business Class from the carrier’s global hubs at Toronto Pearson or at Vancouver also have access to exclusive Air Canada Signature Suites located at those respective airports. Eligible customers travelling abroad may also enjoy Maple Leaf Lounges at London Heathrow and Frankfurt.
The new space is Air Canada’s latest addition to its growing lounge network. Air Canada has also re-introduced Newark Liberty International Airport to its roster of lounges with the opening of the new United Club location in Newark Terminal A. In this new location, Air Canada will be uniquely co-located within the United Club, offering a dedicated Air Canada customer service desk and an access policy consistent with Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounges.
Air Canada’s Maple Leaf lounges, including San Francisco and the new United Club in Newark Terminal A, are available to Air Canada customers who are Aeroplan 50K, 75K, and Aeroplan Super Elite Status members, Star Alliance Gold members, Aeroplan premium co-brand cardholders, and customers departing on a business class ticket with Air Canada or another Star Alliance member.