American Express has a small network of Centurion Lounges in the United States and across the world. Access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary for global Platinum Card and Centurion Members. They can also bring up to two guests at no additional charge. All other Card Members with a valid Amex Credit or Charge Card are eligible to purchase access to the Lounge for $50 per day, subject to space availability.
American Express has been on a spree, opening up new lounges across the globe. There are currently 7 locations in the US, 6 lounges internationally (non-Centurion branded).
Network Of Centurion Lounges
Here’s the US lounges:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- IAH/Intercontinental Houston Airport (IAD)
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
And lounges abroad:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – Ezeiza International Airport (EZE)
- São Paulo, Brazil – São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport (GRU)
- Mexico City, Mexico – Benito Juárez International Airport (MEX)
- Mumbai, India – Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM)
- New Dehli, India – Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL),
- Sydney, Australia – Sydney Airport (SYD).
On top of that, American Express has previously announced that two new lounges are coming to Hong Kong and Philadelphia. Now there’s more information on the new Hong Kong lounge. It will open up in October.
This is a 8,000 square foot Centurion Lounge, the first international lounge that they’re building from scratch.
There’s no exact date for the opening of the Hong Kong lounge, so it could be any time in October. The news was shared by email. We also know the food options for the new lounge:
- Culinary Delights: Special a la carte menus designed for Centurion exclusively by Executive Chef Lau Yiu Fai from Michelin two-star Yan Toh Heen at InterContinental Hong Kong.
- Wine & Dine: Full premium bar with signature cocktails created by mixologist Jim Meehan of PDT in New York.
Centurion Lounges are a great perk for premium Amex cards that make travel much more enjoyable. Instead of sitting in the waiting area, you can enjoy some food, spa services or wine tasting in the Centurion lounge. Platinum cards scare people away with hefty annual fees between $450 and $550, but using the Centurion lounge benefit among others, can provide far more value for frequent travelers and a more enjoyable travel experience.