United Offers 40% Discounts on Awards to Tahiti and Australia
United Airlines has launched a fare sale to celebrate the 42nd anniversary of its MileagePlus program and it is a good one. The airline is offering a 40% discount on roundtrip fares to Tahiti and Australia.
That means that you can fly roundtrip to Tahiti for 42,000 miles and Australia for 60,000 miles (plus taxes and fees starting at $94.25). In order to take advantage of this deal, you need to book your flight using MileagePlus miles by May 6 and travel between August 15 through December 10. The sale applies to Economy fares, but you might be able to find some rare Business seats as well starting from 70,000 miles.
For now, only United MileagePlus Cardmembers and Premier members can take advantage of this promotion. General members gain access to the sale from May 4-6, 2023.
You can find the promotion page here.
The IAH-SYD route begins October 29, 2023 and LAX-BNE begins November 29, 2023.
- This offer is targeted to United MileagePlus Cardmembers and Premier members from May 1-May 6, 2023. General members gain access to the sale from May 4-6, 2023. Primary Cardmembers or MileagePlus members must login using a MileagePlus number to book award travel. No limit to the number of award tickets booked. This promotion applies to new award bookings only.
- Promotion valid for travel: To Australia (BNE, SYD, MEL) from all mainland U.S. airports or to Tahiti (PPT) from all mainland U.S. airports.
- Tickets: Tickets must be purchased between May 1, 2023 and May 6, 2023. Roundtrip purchase is required. (Premiers and/or United Chase Cardmembers gain access to the sale for the entire purchase period. Non-Cardholding General Members will gain access to the sale on May 4, 2023 until the end of the purchase period).
- Travel Period: Travel beginning on or after August 15 , 2023 and travel completed by December 10, 2023.
- Blackout dates: None.
- Award Validity: Awards shown are valid for travel Sunday through Saturday. Awards are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on United/United Express carriers. Some flights may be operated by the following airlines, doing business as United Express: Air Wisconsin, CommuteAir, GoJetAirlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airways, or SkyWest Airlines; or may be operated pursuant to a codeshare agreement, such as Silver Airways.
- Miscellaneous: Fares, fees, rules and offers are subject to change without notice. Seats are capacity-controlled and may not be available on all flights or days. Other restrictions may apply.
- Taxes + Fees: To BNE, MEL, SYD: Starting at $94.25. To PPT: Starting at $117.95.
This is a great deal for travel to Tahiti and Australia, but it is mainly for Economy award fares. Taxes and fees are also very reasonable. You just need to book by Saturday and travel between August 15 and December 10, 2023.