Spirit Adds Wi-Fi to Airbus A320 and A321 Aircraft
Spirit Airlines has announced a new milestone, adding Wi-Fi on flights operated by its Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft. Spirit partnered with Thales to install the high-speed connectivity solution FlytLIVE to cover Spirit’s network across the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean.
Guests can now enjoy an at-home level of experience in the air while viewing video from their streaming services, playing games and connecting on social media with their personal devices. As another major milestone, Spirit expects to provide the fastest Wi-Fi service of any U.S.-based airline when all FlytLIVE-enabled planes are connected to the new, very high-throughput SES-17 satellite by September 2022. But, like most things with Spirit, this new service will not be free.
You can purchase Wi-Fi during your Spirit flight, or pre-purchase Wi-Fi at the time of booking on spirit.com effective July 13, 2022, and on the mobile app effective August 10, 2022, for flights on or after August 24, 2022. The voucher codes received from the pre-purchase option are for entry in the online Wi-Fi portal on the plane.
- The most advanced Ka-band high-throughput connectivity
- FlytLIVE uses SES & Hughes next-generation aviation satellite network and technology
- SES-17 satellite built to serve routes across the Americas and Atlantic with Ka-band coverage
- SES-17 is SES’s first satellite to have a totally digital payload, powered by a Thales advanced digital transparent processor (DTP), enabling greater flexibility and efficiency than previously available. Using Thales’ FlytLIVE and SES-17, Spirit expects to offer the best availability in the Americas and will be faster than other airlines based on published data.
- Browsing: browse the web and stay in touch via email, chat, and social media starting at $2.99
- Streaming: stream, browse, and chat on board with high-speed internet that’s 20x faster than our browsing option starting at $5.99 (and Up to $15 for longer flights).
How To connect:
- Turn on your device’s Wi-Fi and choose “Spirit_WiFi”
- Open your web browser and visit SpiritWiFi.com
- Choose the plan, enter your payment or voucher code information, and enjoy Spirit Wi-Fi
You can see more details here.