Southwest Airlines Summer Sale
Southwest has launched its latest fare sale. To take advantage of the low prices, you need to nook by April 8, 2021, 11:59 p.m., Central Daylight Time, for travel from April 20, 2021, through June 30, 2021, for continental U.S., San Juan, Puerto Rico, and international travel. Start the summer off right with the perfect getaway with fares starting as low as $49 one-way! Southwest also extended its schedule today through November, so you could start planning your travels for later in the year as well.
Feel the warmth of the sun reflecting off the beach waves at one of Southwest’s beach destinations, like San Diego, or Sarasota/Bradenton; or experience some great sightseeing while visiting Savannah/Hilton Head. With low fares, a growing network, and flexible policies (including no cancellation fees, no change fees, and bags fly free), customers can plan their perfect summer trip.
Seats, days, and markets are limited. Blackout dates and 21-day advance purchase requirements apply. See a full list of fares, fare rules, and terms and conditions below and at Southwest.com. Examples of one-way low fares include:
- As low as $49 one-way nonstop between Baltimore/Washington (BWI) and Charlotte,
- As low as $49 one-way nonstop between Palm Springs, Calif. and Phoenix,
- As low as $67 one-way nonstop between San Diego and Las Vegas,
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Houston (Hobby) and Sarasota/Bradenton, and
- As low as $100 one-way nonstop between Dallas (Love Field) and Savannah/Hilton Head.
- A 21-day advance purchase is required. Purchase today, March 30, 2021, through April 8, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time.
- Continental U.S., San Juan, Puerto Rico, and international travel is valid April 20, 2021, through June 30, 2021.
- Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid April 20, 2021, through May 26, 2021.
- Continental U.S. travel is blacked out May 27, 2021, through May 28, 2021; and May 31, 2021.
- Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Monday through Thursday. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday through Thursday. International travel is valid Monday through Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees. Rapid Rewards® points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
These are good deals from Southwest, and the fact that you can book through May makes it more enticing. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. If you use Rapid Rewards points the fares are fully refundable. If you’re not familiar with Southwest, you should know that the airline does not assign seats. So be ready to check in exactly 24 hours before your flight time, so you can get a good spot in line to board early and grab some good seats.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from cards such as Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.