What’s The RoundUp Concentrate Settlement About
The lawsuit alleges that Monsanto advertised these Roundup® products as making more spray solution than the products were capable of making. Monsanto denies these allegations and any wrongdoing. The two sides disagree on what relief, and how much, could have been won, if any, if the Class won at trial. The Settlement avoids costs and risks to you from continuing the lawsuit, provides relief to affected persons like you, and releases Monsanto and others from liability for the related claims.
All persons in the United States, who, during the Class Period, purchased in the United States, for personal or household use and not for resale or distribution, Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus or Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate in packaging whose neck or shoulder label stated that the product “makes up to” a specified number of gallons, other than those who received a full refund.
To be a Class Member, you must have:
- Purchased Roundup® Concentrate Plus or Roundup® Super Concentrate
- Ready-to-Use Roundup® and other Roundup® products are not part of the Settlement
- During the Class Period
- In California – on or after October 13, 2012
- In Other States – on or after April 5 of the relevant year, as determined by the statute of limitations applicable in your State (Appendix 1)
- For personal or household use only (e.g., not commercial use or resale)
- The packaging must have said “Makes Up to __ Gallons” on the neck or shoulder of the bottle
- The statement was removed from the neck or shoulder of Roundup® Concentrate Plus (but not from Super Concentrate) in or around late 2014.
- You have not received a full refund with respect to your purchase.
What Products Are Included?
Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus or Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate.
|Super Concentrate 35.2 oz.||“Makes up to 23 Gallons”|
|Super Concentrate 53.7 oz. (0.42 gal.)||“Makes up to 35 Gallons”|
|Super Concentrate 64 oz. (1/2 gal.)||“Makes up to 42 Gallons”|
|Super Concentrate 128 oz. (1 gal.)||“Makes up to 85 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 32 oz. (1 qt.)||“Makes up to 10 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 36.8 oz.||“Makes up to 12 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 40 oz.||“Makes up to 13 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 64 oz. (1/2 gal.)||“Makes up to 21 Gallons”|
How Much Do I Get?
For each unit of the Roundup® Product purchased during the Class Period, Claimants will receive a standardized payment of one-half the weighted average retail price (after rounding). The weighted average retail price per unit and the payment per unit are set forth below:
- Roundup® Product Weighted Average – Retail Price – Payment Per Unit
- Super Concentrate 35.2 fl. oz. – $42.48 – $21
- Super Concentrate 53.7 oz. (0.42 gal.) – $62.88 – $31
- Super Concentrate – 64 fl. oz. (1/2 gal.) – $72.64 – $36
- Super Concentrate – 128 fl. oz. (1 gal.) – $105.85 – $53
- Concentrate Plus 32 oz. (1 qt.) – $21.31 – $11
- Concentrate Plus 36.8 oz. – $22.97 – $11.50
- Concentrate Plus 40 oz. – $26.40 – $13
- Concentrate Plus 64 oz. (1/2 gal.) – $44.54 – $22
Each household shall be limited to twenty (20) units purchased during the applicable statutory period, based on the Claimant’s state or territory or residence.
Do Not Submit False Claims
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: Half the weighted average retail price, up to 20 units.
- Proof of Purchase: No
- Settlement Pool: $21,500,000
- Deadline: 03/06/2018
- Read Settlement Details Here