Qatar Airways Privilege Club has launched a promotion that can earn you bonus Avios when transferring points from Citi or HSBC. This offer gets you 25% more Avios when you complete a transfer by the end of the month. Check out the details below.
Qatar Transfer Bonus
For a limited time only, collect 25% bonus Avios when converting your bank reward points into Avios by November 20, 2023. How to convert your reward points:
- Log in to the rewards account that you have with your bank.
- Choose to convert your reward points into Avios with Qatar Airways Privilege Club.
- Enjoy bonus Avios credited to your Privilege Club account.
Eligible partners include: Participating partners include: Ahlibank, Ahli United Bank, ahlibank Oman, Cathay United Bank, CBQ, Citibank, CTBC Bank, Doha Bank, Dukhan Bank, Emirates Islamic, HSBC Hong Kong, HSBC Sri Lanka, HSBC USA, Hyundai Card – AMEX, Kasikorn Bank, Kuwait Finance House, Mashreq, Ping An E-wallet, QIIB, QNB.
As you can see, Citi and HSBC are the only relevant programs for those based in the United States.
- These terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) govern the campaign, organised by Qatar Airways Privilege Club, enabling Privilege Club members to earn bonus Avios when they convert their Reward Points to Avios with any Participating Partner. This Campaign commences on 1 November 2023, 0000hrs (GMT+3), and ends on 30 November 2023, 2359hrs (GMT+3) (the “Campaign Period”).
- This Campaign is open to all Privilege Club members who are also customers of Participating Partners where these partners provide services.
- For more details on the participating partners, please refer to the Participating Partners section below and their respective pages.
- Privilege Club members will earn bonus Avios upon converting Rewards Points from a participating partner into Avios. The bonus Avios awarded will be 25% for all transactions from 11 November 2023 to 30 November 2023 of the number of base Avios (means Avios converted from Rewards Points as per the set conversion ratio) converted in a single transaction. The bonus Avios awarded will remain 30% for all transactions during initial Campaign Period (from 1 November 2023 to 10 November 2023).
- The minimum conversion of base Avios in one single transaction needs to be 1,000 or above to be eligible to earn the bonus Avios.
- The bonus Avios will be calculated per transaction and not on the cumulative sum of base Avios converted from Reward Points during the Campaign Period.
- The time reference for bonus Avios’ award under the Campaign, will be the transaction date shared with the Qatar Airways Privilege Club by the respective Participating Partner(s).
- The conversion of Reward Points to base Avios is subject to the conversion ratio and terms and conditions set forth by the Participating Partner.
- The bonus Avios will not be calculated retroactively under any circumstances. If the Avios, which your Reward Points were converted into, are credited to your Privilege Club account after the period during which this Campaign remains valid has passed, you will not earn bonus Avios under this Campaign.
- All bonus Avios earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account within 45 days post Campaign’s end date.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club switched to Avios as its currency back in 2022. We also saw a 30% bonus from Citi last year, which is slightly better. But this offer can still be of use for those who want to boost their Avios balance. You can move Avios from Qatar to British Airways, Iberia Plus or Aer Lingus as well. You can also redeem Qatar Avios on JetBlue.
As for Qatar Airways Privilege Club sweet spots, the best use of points would probably be traveling in Qsuites between New York and Doha for 70K Avios each-way.
It’s worth noting that terms say that bonus Avios earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account within 45 days after the promotion ends. Normally that will post much quicker, but it is not instant.