Point Debit Card Adds New Purchase Protections, Plus 10x on Subscriptions, 6x on Food Delivery and Rideshare
Point Card membership is changing. Your Point account balance, which is currently maintained by LendingClub Bank, National Association will be transferred to an account maintained by Column National Association. This transfer will be on the earlier of (a) the date on which you activate your new card or (b) December 1, 2021.
Point says that members will get all-new rewards and benefits, including more Access Offers, travel accident insurance, event ticket protection, and rideshare protection. The Point Debit Card now has a $99 annual fee, and that doesn’t look like it will change. If you don’t have the card, you can apply now to get a $100 bonus when you spend $1,000 within 30 days.
Here are some of the new benefits:
- Earn double cash-back rewards through December 31st. That means you’ll earn:
- 10x on subscriptions
- 6x on food delivery and rideshare
- 2x on everything else.
- Extended Warranty – Doubles an item’s manufacturing warranty for up to an additional year — offering extra protection for purchases you make with Point Card.
- Rideshare Protection – Protects you and your property from unexpected damage at the hands of rideshare services.
- Event Ticket Protection – Concert cancelled? You’re covered with Point Card, whether the vendor reimburses you or not.
- Travel Accident Insurance – Additional peace of mind for trips near and far.
More Earning Opportunities
This is a great debit card that should be worth the annual fee, if you maximize the opportunities. We have already seen a few promotions such as this one. Currently you can also earn:
- 20x points at HBO Max
- 10x points on Revel Mopeds
- 5x at Whole Foods, Amazon, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Chipotle, Best Buy, Coffee Shops
- 2 Free Months of Instacart Express
- and more