United Opens Its Largest Club at Newark Liberty International Airport
United Airlines today announced the opening of its new, nearly 30,000 square-foot United Club location at Newark Liberty International Airport. The lounge offers enhanced amenities and culinary offerings, locally-sourced art and furniture, and views of the Manhattan skyline. Located in Terminal C3 near gate C123, this club is the largest club in United’s network.
“As more and more customers return to the skies, United is committed to delivering a superior customer experience on and off the plane, especially in increasingly crowded airports,” said Aaron McMillan, United’s managing director of hospitality and planning. “Our new Newark Club location is carefully designed with the customer at the forefront with thoughtful touches like murals and décor that reflect the local community. This design theme and commitment to creating a locally-inspired experience will set the precedent for future club openings and renovations across our network.”
The Newark United Club location features:
- More than 480 seats across spaces for lounging, working, private dining and socializing.
- Six, spa-like shower suites at Newark, stocked with Sunday Riley products.
- Staffed by a barista ready to prepare their favorite hand-crafted drinks, flyers can get inspired at the full-service coffee bar, featuring illy signature blend of 100 percent Arabica beans, in addition to culinary offerings in all United Clubs, like complimentary beverages and snacks.
- Modern, Newark-inspired design. Flyers can enjoy unmatched views of the Manhattan skyline amidst locally-sourced furniture pieces and décor, as well as the new design and color scheme that will be rolled-out in future new and refurbished clubs. The space also includes modern amenities, like self-scan entry for quick access and free, high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Sustainable, green materials. As part of the airline’s sustainability commitment, the Club is designed with sustainable materials and features, such as WaterSense-rated fixtures, enhanced indoor air quality, green cleaning and more.
Additionally, in collaboration with The Newark Museum of Art and Gallery Aferro, the new club location prominently features two murals created by local artists, Gilbert Hsiao and Dahlia Elsayed. Inspired by the musical legacy in the Newark area and United’s iconic history, Hsiao’s mural, located in the club’s entryway, is a deceptively simple, eye-catching piece featuring dots and circles to represent abstract beats in space as well as nod to the United globe. Elsayed’s artwork, situated in the club’s lounge, is an abstract and textural piece, referencing Arshile Gorky’s famous 1936-67 murals at EWR, with imagery inclusive of built and natural environments of the New York / New Jersey area.
The Newark United Club location is the first of a series of United Club locations to open with the new club design and amenities. It’s part of United’s ongoing commitment to renovate and introduce new United Club locations throughout its network. For more information on United Club locations, visit united.com/unitedclub.