As announced back in February 19th, 2019, Wydham Rewards is now offering three award tiers for both free night redemptions (go free) and points + cash redemptions (go fast). Here’s the award pricing for each new tier:
- Free Nights Starting at Just 7,500 Points. Free night redemptions will be available at 7,500 points, 15,000 points, and 30,000 points, while points + cash redemptions will be available at 1,500 points + cash, 3,000 points + cash, and 6,000 points + cash, respectively.
- All redemptions will be per bedroom, per night.
- Approximately one-third of the program’s hotel portfolio—nearly 3,000 hotels—is expected to move to the more affordable 7,500 point tier while approximately 200 properties will move into the new 30,000 point tier.
You can already search and book properties with the new tiered pricing here. There’s a total of 8,735 properties, divided as follow in three tiers:
- 7,500 Points – 2,462 Hotels
- 15,000 Points – 6,084 Hotels
- 30,000 Points – 164 Hotels
Some of the best properties have moved up to the 30K tier. There’s a total of 164 hotels that will cost twice as much as the old 15K award nights. On the other end of the spectrum, 2,462 are now half the price. Let me know how this affects you.