JetBlue Announces Family Seating Guarantee
JetBlue has introduced a formal family seating guarantee to ensure that children aged 13 years and younger can sit next to an adult traveling with them on the same reservation.
“We know traveling with young children can add challenges, and we want to do everything we can to put parents and families at ease by providing a smooth trip each time they choose JetBlue,” said Joanna Geraghty, president and chief operating officer, JetBlue. “This enhanced family seating policy reflects our commitment to continue to meet the needs of our customers and provide exceptional service.”
JetBlue’s family seating guarantee incorporates a new process that proactively identifies reservations with children and adults traveling together without prior seating assignments. For no additional fee, the process will ensure a traveling child is assigned a seat next to at least one accompanying adult when seats are available.
Customers who choose JetBlue’s Blue Basic fare, the airline’s version of basic economy, are included in the family seating policy. For bookings made within 24 hours of planned travel, seats may need to be assigned manually by a JetBlue airport crewmember. All customers are urged to continue to proactively select their seats at the time of booking to ensure the smoothest travel experience possible.
JetBlue guarantees that if the following conditions are met, children 13 years old and under will, no later than 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure time, be provided a seat assignment adjacent to a parent or accompanying adult on the same reservation at no additional cost, including Blue Basic fares:
- All Customers are booked in the same reservation and adjacent seats are available in the same class of service your child is ticketed at the time of booking. The guarantee would apply to seats in Mint® only if Mint tickets were purchased for the parent and child and adjacent Mint seats were available at booking.
- You choose seats for the entire reservation or do not select seats for the entire reservation (if you choose Blue Basic, then skip choosing seats for the entire reservation).
- No changes are made (by the Customer) to your seat assignments once they’re assigned to you.
- The plane’s seat layout and configuration allow for adjacent seating dependent on the number of children in your reservation.
- There is no downgauge (switch) of the originally planned aircraft to a smaller aircraft or aircraft with a different seat configuration.
Even if these conditions are not met, JetBlue will always make best attempts to try to seat minor children adjacent to an accompanying adult. For more information and the terms of JetBlue’s family seating guarantee, click here.