IHG Offers Instant Platinum Elite Status, Fast Track to Diamond
IHG has a new promotion for IHG One Rewards members, offering instant Platinum Elite and a fast track to its highest tier, Diamond Elite. You would need just 15 nights at any IHG property instead of the normal 70 nights, to become IHG royalty.
Complete registration to be upgraded to Platinum Elite. Stay just five nights to maintain your status. Stay another 10 nights to fast track to Diamond Elite.
- Upgrade to Platinum: Stay 5 nights within 120 days of registration to keep Platinum status through December 2023.
- Upgrade to Diamond: Stay an additional 10 nights within your 120-day period to earn Diamond status through December 2023.
Here’s how to upgrade your IHG One Rewards status:
- Choose your current loyalty program and tier level from the drop-down menu.
- Best Western Rewards
- Choice Privileges
- Hilton Honors
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Radisson Rewards
- World of Hyatt
- Wyndham Rewards
- Select REGISTER NOW if you are an IHG One Rewards member, or JOIN & REGISTER if not.
- Registration must be completed by July 31, 2022.
- To participate in the IHG One Rewards “Status Challenge” promotion (“Promotion”), an individual must be an IHG One Rewards member and must register for the Promotion under their member number.
- The Promotion registration period begins on May 18, 2022 and ends on July 31, 2022 (“Promotion Registration Period”).
- Once a member registers for the Promotion, the member will automatically be upgraded to IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status and can start enjoying the associated benefits.
- This Promotion is not available to members who reside in Greater China.
- A member’s upgrade to Platinum Elite status through this Promotion will remain in effect for the 120-day period immediately following their registration. A member, however, can keep their IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status, or even elevate themselves to Diamond Elite status, through the end of December 2023 by having a certain number of qualifying night stays during their 120-day post-registration period (the “Stay Period”). Specifically, a member with five (5) qualifying nights during their Stay Period will keep their IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status through the end of December 2023, and if the member stays an additional ten (10) qualifying nights (for a total of fifteen (15) qualifying nights) within their 120-day Stay Period, they will earn IHG One Rewards Diamond Elite status through the end of December 2023. Because this 120-day “Stay Period” follows a member’s registration for the Promotion, each member who registers will have their own Stay Period. By way of example, a member who registers on June 20, 2022 will have a 120-day Stay Period beginning on the date of registration (June 20, 2022) and ending on October 18 , 2022 to complete their five (5) qualifying nights and keep Platinum Elite status, or their ten (10) additional (15 in total) qualifying nights to achieve Diamond Elite status, through the end of December 2023.
- The standard requirements for achieving various levels of Elite status under the new IHG One Rewards program, which would apply once any Platinum Elite or Diamond Elite status awarded under this special Promotion expires, are included in the IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, which can be found at here.
- To be a qualifying night under this Promotion, the room night must be part of a Qualifying Stay. Only those qualifying nights falling within the member’s Stay Period are counted for purposes of the Promotion. Room nights prior to registration or outside of a member’s Stay Period are not included.
- A “Qualifying Stay” is a minimum one (1)-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 (or local currency equivalent) for each night. Bookings made through on-line travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com are not eligible for this Promotion.
You get Platinum once you register. Then you have 120 days to complete 5 nights to keep Platinum Elite through the end of 2023, or complete 15 nights and upgrade to Diamond Elite through 2023. This would cost you a minimum of $150 for Platinum, since your booking must be at least $30/night. For Diamond Elite you would have to pay at least $450. The latter is where you actually get some decent benefits, such as like breakfast.
Regardless if you plan to go for either tier through the end of 2023, you should definitely get Platinum Elite for free for four months, if you have any upcoming IHG stays.
Let me know if you plan on going for IHG Diamond or if you think it’s worthless?