Hilton has a new promotion for Amex Platinum Card Members that can earn you some extra Hilton Honors points. I saw this offer in my account online, where the Amex Offers usually are.
As an American Express Platinum Card Member enrolled in complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, you’re eligible to earn 7,500 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you stay 2+ nights at any Hilton property worldwide! Stay must be completed by 8/7/17.
- Offer valid for personal and business Amex Platinum card holders
- Must have enrolled in complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status through Amex
- Offer valid one-time only and only when you pay with you Amex card
- Offer valid for stays between 5/7/17 and 8/7/17
- Must register here prior to completing stay.
- Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China are excluded
- Minimum two consecutive night stay required
- Bonus points will post 6-8 weeks after completing stay
- Bonus points do not count towards elite tier qualification
This offer has very few limitations and extends almost through the end of summer, which makes it possible to stack with other offers currently available by Amex and Hilton. Here’s other offers that are currently available:
- Earn Double or Triple Points On Stays Through August
- Four Hilton Promotions, Check If You’re Targeted
- Amex Offer: $35 off $175+ at Hampton by Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn
- Amex Offer: $45 off $225+ at Embassy Suites by Hilton or Homewood Suites by Hilton
It doesn’t seem to limit the form of payment to your Amex Platinum card, but maybe only to an Amex card. That means that you could use your Amex Hilton Surpass to earn 12 points per dollar.
These promotions are not worth considering on their own, since Hilton points are only worth 0.4 cents each, making this bonus worth about $30. That’s not something that will change your mind when planning your next vacation.
But Hilton runs lots of promotions and there’s usually Amex Offers for some of their brands. Stacking a few of these deals together definitely makes sense and could be worth taking a look at their properties.
It’s always a good idea to sign up for these promotions, you never know what comes up.