Frontier Airlines ‘Kids Fly Free’ Promotion Extended Through End of Schedule
Update: The Frontier ‘Kids Fly Free’ program is now valid for domestic, non-stop travel within the continental United States to select markets. Travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays through the end of scheduled service.
|TRAVEL PERIOD||DOW||BLACKOUT DATES|
| Through end of schedule
|TUE-WED||Sep. 2-6, 2021
Oct. 7-11, 2021
Nov. 19-29, 2021
Dec. 16, 2021-Jan.4, 2022
Jan. 14-17, 2022
Feb. 18-21, 2022
Mar. 4-6, 11-13, 18-20, 25-27, 2022
Apr. 1-3, 8-18, 2022
May 26-31, 2022
Jun. 24, 2022 – Jul. 11, 2022
Sep. 1-7, 2022
Oct. 6-12, 2022
Low-cost airline Frontier introduced an awesome opportunity for families last year, giving kids a chance to fly for free. All kids 14 and under can fly free on select flights with the purchase of a Discount Den member fare. There’s a few catches, but overall is presents a good deal if you have some flexibility with your travel dates. Now this Frontier Kids Fly Free promotion has been extended until November of 2020. Let’s see how this Frontier Kids Fly Free promotion works and what dates and route are eligible.
How it Works
Here”s how this promotion works:
- Must be a Discount Den Member – You need to join Frontier’s fare membership club, Discount Den, to enjoy Kids Fly Free. You will also unlock other benefits including unlimited access to our lowest fares for up to six people on your itinerary. You can join Discount Den now or at the time of your booking. This membership costs $59.99 per year, and it already gives you good value if you use Frontier often. You’ll likely get discount of about $10 per ticket, compared to prices available to non-members. You also get early access to schedule extensions.
- Choose a Kids Fly Free Flight – Select a flight on a date that is qualified for Kids Fly Free, it’s easy to find as it’s marked with a Kids Fly Free logo beneath the Discount Den price. Remember to include the children traveling in your search to see the offer. Travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Nov. 9, 2020 on select dates.
Travel Periods Day of Week Blackout Dates Through 9 NOV 2020 Tuesday – Wednesday 22-26 MAY 2020,
30 JUN 2020 – 7 JUL 2020,
3-9 SEP 2020
- The following blackout dates apply: May. 22-26, 2020; Jun. 30, 2020 – Jul. 7, 2020; and Sep. 3-9, 2020. 14 day advance purchase required.
- The following routes are excluded:
- Atlanta, GA to/from New York City, NY (LaGuardia)
- Buffalo, NY to/from Denver, CO
- Denver, CO to/from Los Angeles, CA
- Denver, CO to/from New York/Newark, NJ
- Portland, OR to/from Denver, CO
- Denver, CO to/from San Diego, CA
- Denver, CO to/from San Francisco, CA
- Tampa, FL to/from Denver, CO
- Check terms for excluded routes.
This Frontier Kids Fly Free promo looks like an awesome deal for large families. One kid 14 and under flies for free for every purchased ticket. You need to sign up for Discount Den, to get the deal, but that already pays for itself if you fly a few times with Frontier.
One downside is the obvious, you need to fly a low-cost carrier. But if you know what to expect and avoid extra fees, then it shouldn’t be a shock. Here’s 10 Things You Need to Know About Frontier, Spirit and Other Ultra-Low-Cost Carriers. Also don’t forget to use Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases.